View Poll Results: Which one is your favorite?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Joel Eade

5 16.13%
  • Conropl

7 22.58%
  • Ham

14 45.16%
  • Raid

3 9.68%
  • CLS

2 6.45%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: #42 - Test of Time (Congrats Ham)

Upload the photo somewhere where you can right click to get the URL.

Then post the URL between [img.] [./img] tags (remove the fullstops).

Quote Originally Posted by erno james View Post
    I would have to guess that these three oak trees sitting atop this knoll are 100 yrs old, maybe more. This image was made near Folsom, Ca on October 5, 2012. In the gold rush days, the Pony Express ran through this area, as downtown Folsom is located a mere 10 miles away. The California Gold Rush began in 1849 about 30 miles away from this very spot. Perhaps these old oaks were even around during that historic era.

Canon 7D | ISO 100 | f/11 | 0.4 sec | ultrawide angle lens | 3-stop reverse GND

PS: If somebody knows how to convert this to the proper viewing size for this website, much obliged. Thanks, Erno

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ernogy/...ream/lightbox/

Attachment 1456
    G'day Erno, when you upload a photo from your harddrive like your thunbnail image shown here, before you click post your "post" or "submit" place the cursor on the small thumbnail image and double click, an option page then appears and one of the options is image size just click large image and then post your reply.

The other method is to upload your image from Flickr as "Ham" suggested.
    Open your Flickr image and select share.
    Go to Grab HTML/BBCode, make sure Large size is selected and just below that there is an option of either HTML code or BBCode, click the BBCode option.
    Then, single left click on all the code in the box to highlight it then, right click and select copy.
    Then move back to this site and type in exactly this,
    [img]
    Then right click your mouse and select "paste" and paste the code immeciately after the square bracket.
    Then directly after all the code has copied into place, type exactly this,
    [/img]
    Then hit "post reply" and your Flickr image will upload as the large size straight to here. Then as you know your uploaded image has the link embedded in it to take people straight to your Flickr page if they click on that image. Important that there are no spaces and you type it in exactly that format.
    I needed this explained to me in depth and this style of uploading images with the square brackets and img and /img typed between them and the code copied between the two bracket commands works on a lot of other forums to post images. So once you get the hang of it it becomes very usable.
    I have a Windows computer and that's how it works for me.
    Cheers,
    Steve
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Three Oak Knoll
    FIRST OFF, HUGE SHOUTOUT THANKS TO HAM AND STEVE (thanks for these instructions. Learning to shoot in Manual Mode is easier I think....)

I would have to guess that these three oak trees sitting atop this knoll are 100 yrs old, maybe more. This image was made near Folsom, Ca on October 5, 2012. In the gold rush days, the Pony Express ran through this area, as downtown Folsom is located a mere 10 miles away. The California Gold Rush began in 1849 about 30 miles away from this very spot. Perhaps these old oaks were even around during that historic era.

Canon 7D | ISO 100 | f/11 | 0.4 sec | ultrawide angle lens | 3-stop reverse GND

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ernogy/...ream/lightbox/

[img]
    Three Oak Knoll by ernogy, on Flickr[/img]

Senior Member nvitalephotography's Avatar
    how about an old car in front of an old building

[IMG] IMG_3317 by NickVitalePhotography, on Flickr[/IMG]

The St. Charles Bridge in Prague, Czech Republic. Construction started in the 1357 and was completed in the 15th century. This bridge has easily withstood the test of time.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	417002_10150677994413259_1866544377_n.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	57.1 KB 
ID:	1458  

This one's from a business trip to Cambridge, UK. The town is crowded with medieval buildings and even though I'm not really a fan of historical stuff, It's hard not to be fascinated by the city. In some areas it feels like walking around in a Harry Potter movie.

The Round Church was built around 1130 (they say - can't guarantee that as a fact) and is still standing strong. I managed to find an angle with almost no people in the frame, but the guy in the foreground snapping a shot with his phone kind of disturbs the medieval scene. First I was thinking of eliminating him (in post processing - not in real life), but then I changed my mind. I think he adds a nice contrast to the image.

I'd love to know how people described old buildings in England, Wales and Scotland before J K Rowling got famous...

Quote Originally Posted by ham View Post
    I'd love to know how people described old buildings in England, Wales and Scotland before J K Rowling got famous...
    Maybe Robin Hoodish ;-)

I've reprocessed my shot and added a larger link.

Only two more days! Keep em coming