View Poll Results: Which one is your favorite?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Joel Eade

5 16.13%
  • Conropl

7 22.58%
  • Ham

14 45.16%
  • Raid

3 9.68%
  • CLS

2 6.45%

Thread: #42 - Test of Time (Congrats Ham)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

#42 - Test of Time (Congrats Ham)

On behalf of Bob Williams, this is assignment 42: Test of Time

This is a wide open assignment left to the photographers imagination. It could be anything from a portrait of an old man, an old tractor sitting in a field, an old house, old ruins or anything that says "I have stood the test of time"--Basically, anything old. Any processing method or treatment such as HDR, black and white, etc is acceptable I would like this to be new shots rather than ones pulled from archives.

The following photos have been chosen as finalists:

Name: Joel Eade
    Motivation: The quality and style of the HDR work was very impressive---Detail in each brick, the trees, and the cemetery is quite impressive. The image of the old cathedral overlooking the cemetery surely indicates that it has survived the test of time.

Name: Conropl
    Motivation: Love the long exposure image of the falls while maintaining perfect exposure and detail in the rest of the frame. It is very clear that the kettle formation took place over thousands of years and that these falls have not only survived but have grown unique with the test of time.

Name: Ham
    Motivation: This is an incredible shot. Everything about it just worked. The composition, exposure and post work are top notch. This shot is so dramatic and moving you can just see the wisdom in his face and the pain in his old bones. This fellow has certainly endured the test of time.

Name: Raid
    Motivation: The subject and the rarity of the subject is what makes this shot so special. You can just see the age in this old guy and you know he has been around a long time. Seeing this photo left me wondering just how much those dark yet crystal clear eyes have seen.

Name:
    CLS
    Motivation: Another fantastic HDR of an incredibly old building, Framing, exposure and post work are excellent and Details were well captured. The colors in the brick, shingles and surrounding trees and plants are very clear and vibrant yet still indicate the dark past this church as probably seen. I also Agree, the fellow on the bench just adds that little spot of interest to the photo. Almost 900 years old, I would say this little church has seen the test of time.

Honorable Mention: Sheiky: Grandparents
    I absolutely love this portrait and the colorization work is excellent. This shot certainly meets the intent of the theme. But, I am going to go out on a limb here and assume that Jan didn't actually take the original photo. So, as much as I wanted too, I couldn't include it in the Judging. But very nice work none-the-less.
    • The poll will be opened for 3 days, please vote.
    Last edited by Sheiky; 10-20-2012 at 03:40 PM.