Page 25 of 47 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your Best HDR Photo

Re: Post Your Best HDR Photo

<div>

Quote Originally Posted by Don Burkett

You might want to fiddle with the contrast a little bit by pulling down the midtones with a curves tool. That will also tame the highlights on the branch which are on the verge of being blown.

Thanks! i had noticed that myself but wasn't really sure how to fix it, i'm new to photomatix and just trying to learn the ends and outs of it, i will be buying the license soon so that's also good to know about removing the watermarks, thanks again!
    </div>

Quote Originally Posted by Rodger

My roots are there but I've been working out of Chicago the last 6 years.

Cool cool. I lived in Chicago for about three years (two hours north is still considered "Chicago land" much easier than telling people "Crystal Lake" and getting confused looks haha).

That's a wonderful shot of the burgh though. I love it.
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

Unreal, that's the area I live in now.

Haha small world! I wish I would have gotten into photography before I moved back east. Crystal Lake was a great location. Even if the lake wasn't exaclt "crystal" clear haha.

3 shots at 18mm f/3.5 ISO 400, handheld. Grunge effect in Photomatix appled

Interior of a very, very nice Boss Mustang

Too much HDR? I like it, but very much would like a different opinion

Did this one over the weekend. I used 1 RAW file and processed it into 5 16 bit TIFF files at 1 EV spacing. I really cranked up the effect for this one because I felt like it added a lot of drama to a somewhat marginal composition :-)

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.26.13/2009_2D00_10_2D00_24_2D00_15_2D00_11_2D00_27-HDR.jpg[/img]

I'm pretty sure you would get the same effect with photomatrix with just the one RAW file.

Quite a nice effect though.

And the previous car is brilliant!

Not sure if I would call this HDR or not but it is a shot of New River Gorge in West Virginia, processed from one image

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/600x400/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.21.61/IMG_5F00_6814.jpg[/img]

Nice one Joel.

The clouds in the valleys look like they were placed there for this pic Feels like soon King Kong's gonna pop outta this dense forest.

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Bookhammer

Not sure if I would call this HDR or not but it is a shot of New River Gorge in West Virginia, processed from one image

I think its classed as "ToneMapped" when its from one image, but my understanding is that if you do it from a RAW file there is additional luminance information that can let you give the impression of a "higher" dynamic range. Either way loving you work!

i had this in a lonely thread than never got looked at :'( sniff. Thought i would drop it in to this thread , very slight "HDR Effect" just to pull out the highlight and shadow details. 3 Exposures...etc etc, Photomatix...etc.

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.32.84/Morgan1_2D00_3-_2800_1_2900_Medium.jpg[/img]

Single shot jpg taken on an XTi, 28-105mm @3.5, 30.0s. I enjoy the painted look to the final doc, more than the quality of the photo

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.31.08/upbc-copy.jpg[/img]

Edit: I meant to say that this image feels somewhat thomas kinkade - ish to me.