Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your Best HDR Photo

Re: Post Your Best HDR Photo

Yep, you're right, no r. [:$]

Here's one of the Braga Bridge in Fall River, MA

Here's my first HDR. I took the pictures over the summer and finally got around to it in the past hour. So I suppose it's my best one.

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.23.61/firstHDR.jpg[/img]

That's a great help but I still don't understand what the desired effect is. Also is the idea with Photoshop you would lower the opacity of the images that are laid on top of eachother to get the desired effect? Finally am I talking to professional photographers or are you doing it as a hobby?

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming

That's a great help but I still don't understand what the desired effect is. Also is the idea with Photoshop you would lower the opacity of the images that are laid on top of eachother to get the desired effect? Finally am I talking to professional photographers or are you doing it as a hobby?
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

When you use photoshop's merge to hdr option, it "reads" the tones
    in each photo and puts together one photo with the range of tones,
    basically. So yes, in a way they ware laid on top of each other, so to
    say.

I work at F.E. Warren Air Force Base as a base photographer,
    and I do weddings and senior portraits on the side. All my income is
    from photography, just in a bit different situation than other
    professional photographers. I get a consistent paycheck, and whatever
    I do on the side is just extra )

HDR can better represent what the eye sees. We are able to see a huge range light intensities simultaneously, but a camera's sensor is limited. Therefore, by taking multiple exposures of the same scene, we can compile the different exposures so that the final image has a correctly exposed foreground and a correctly exposed background.

BTW, I do photography for a hobby, I think you'll find a mix here.

That's a great way of putting that Tim. I've seen it explained closely to that before as well, and it's true. Our cameras can only "see" so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Alicoate

I love the photo of the bean. We are from the Chicago area, and its nice to see it without 50 people taking their pictures in it with P&amp;Ss. Also there is just enough detail to make it interesting without looking too HDRish.

Thanks,

Tom
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

Thanks Tom, if your interested a have a small gallery of Chicago and The Bean at www.pbase.com/dbrasco

I'm from Pittsburgh originally but have really enjoyed Chicago the last few years.

I hope you don't mind (you said you wouldn't), but your image makes me feel slightly ill at ease. I must admit I don't like HDR imaging that much, but can see the appeal for architecture photography. It's the whole unreal lighting, which a fine seascape like yours contrasts with. The Japanese colouring and motif are interesting, but the sea looks radioactive. Could you show us a non-HDR version? Hope you don't object to my totally subjective criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming

<div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

As has been said before regarding the use of Photoshop - though PS is a lot more subtle compared with PhotoMatix fo example.

I am amateur (I think!),though I do take a lot of photographs for work, its not my paid job. (Though I have been paid for some of them!). As a result I've had quite a few published in our works documentation for marketing as such like. So whats that make me []