Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your Best HDR Photo

Re: Post Your Best HDR Photo

oh yeah...my very first HDR..haven't played around with it too much...combined 6 shots into 1 through Photomatix...still learning, and I know it looks totally fake....tips please?? And please feel free to give feedback(good or bad). Thanx, Greggf[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.22.00/_2D00_2-_5B00_1024x768_5D00_.jpg[/img]

it got cut off...here is a smaller version??[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.22.00/_2D00_2-_5B00_800x600_5D00_.jpg[/img]

Looks great Greg!

Really great!

Here's one...

Quote Originally Posted by Don Burkett

This is probably my best but it's also one of my first since I just started dabbling with HDR.

It is "The Bean" in downtown Chicago. Properly called "Cloud Gate"

<p style="CLEAR: both"]

I love the photo of the bean. We are from the Chicago area, and its nice to see it without 50 people taking their pictures in it with P&amp;Ss. Also there is just enough detail to make it interesting without looking too HDRish.

Thanks,

Tom

Thanks for the kind comments. This is another one- processed this afternoon.

Taken near Elan Valley in Wales. The bottom half is not HDR - it was too strong, so I used the +2EC shot to hold the bottom of the image.

Sorry for the ignorace, but what exactly is HDR?

True HDR is when you take more than 1 image (Normally at least 3) but alter the exposure of each to be say 2stops over exposed, 2 stops under and the final image as metered.

You then combine the images inan editing program to create a 32bit image. Photoshop does do HDR, but arguably not as well as third party programs, such as Photomatrix. The resulting image is then tone mapped - that is the 32bit image is compressed to 16 or 8bits. The tone mapping is the bit that can make or break the final image - get it wrong and it looks dreadful - but get it right and they can look stunning!

Does this help any?

Quote Originally Posted by anglefire

True HDR is when you take more than 1 image (Normally at least 3) but alter the exposure of each to be say 2stops over exposed, 2 stops under and the final image as metered.

You then combine the images inan editing program to create a 32bit image. Photoshop does do HDR, but arguably not as well as third party programs, such as Photomatrix. The resulting image is then tone mapped - that is the 32bit image is compressed to 16 or 8bits. The tone mapping is the bit that can make or break the final image - get it wrong and it looks dreadful - but get it right and they can look stunning!

Does this help any?
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

I understand this may be a normal typo, but the program is actually Photomatix. No R.

I used photomatix for my HDR at the beginning of this thread and love the program. I had 4 images merged. The photo was taken at about 7:40pm May 20, 2007 with my 5D and 24-70. f/8 I do believe.