Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your Best HDR Photo

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post Your Best HDR Photo

Just thought this would be fun to start... Post your favorite HDR photo you have taken!

<p align="center"]Jeff Allred Photography

Re: Post Your Best HDR Photo

Not sure its my best, but one of my latest and current favourite.

Another one is this one - taken in London the other week.

Wow, Lloyds of London has a very shiny, CG look to it, as though it's a screen shot from a computer game or straight out of Star Wars. And the first one looks like it's from a modern remake of Myst. I need to learn how to do HDR...

This is probably my best but it's also one of my first since I just started dabbling with HDR.

It is "The Bean" in downtown Chicago. Properly called "Cloud Gate"

Very nice work everyone. I've seen a lot of HDR images that I don't like - many of my own included. These are very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Burkett

This is probably my best but it's also one of my first since I just started dabbling with HDR.

It is "The Bean" in downtown Chicago. Properly called "Cloud Gate"

<p style="CLEAR: both"]

I love the photo of the bean. We are from the Chicago area, and its nice to see it without 50 people taking their pictures in it with P&amp;Ss. Also there is just enough detail to make it interesting without looking too HDRish.

Thanks,

Tom

Thanks for the kind comments. This is another one- processed this afternoon.

Taken near Elan Valley in Wales. The bottom half is not HDR - it was too strong, so I used the +2EC shot to hold the bottom of the image.

Sorry for the ignorace, but what exactly is HDR?

True HDR is when you take more than 1 image (Normally at least 3) but alter the exposure of each to be say 2stops over exposed, 2 stops under and the final image as metered.

You then combine the images inan editing program to create a 32bit image. Photoshop does do HDR, but arguably not as well as third party programs, such as Photomatrix. The resulting image is then tone mapped - that is the 32bit image is compressed to 16 or 8bits. The tone mapping is the bit that can make or break the final image - get it wrong and it looks dreadful - but get it right and they can look stunning!

Does this help any?

Quote Originally Posted by anglefire

True HDR is when you take more than 1 image (Normally at least 3) but alter the exposure of each to be say 2stops over exposed, 2 stops under and the final image as metered.

You then combine the images inan editing program to create a 32bit image. Photoshop does do HDR, but arguably not as well as third party programs, such as Photomatrix. The resulting image is then tone mapped - that is the 32bit image is compressed to 16 or 8bits. The tone mapping is the bit that can make or break the final image - get it wrong and it looks dreadful - but get it right and they can look stunning!

Does this help any?
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

I understand this may be a normal typo, but the program is actually Photomatix. No R.

I used photomatix for my HDR at the beginning of this thread and love the program. I had 4 images merged. The photo was taken at about 7:40pm May 20, 2007 with my 5D and 24-70. f/8 I do believe.