Page 45 of 47 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 LastLast

Thread: Post Your Best HDR Photo

3 Ways to make photos of different exposures.
    Different Aperture - Depth of field changes (unless you have a very wide-angle, but still, sharpness changes at different apertures for almost any lens)
    Different ISO - If you do your Noise Reduction properly, there can be no real difference.
    Different Shutter speed - can make things like leaves, branches, and waves turn out weird looking.

There's no other way to make a "real" hdr, unless you take a raw-file and process it to darker and brighter.
    Using the +/- EV on-camera, it generally changes the shutter-speed (both when using Av and M modes, it keeps the Aperture and iso the same).

Meanwhile, I love it when models just sit and pose so damn still that you can get enough bracketed shots for an HDR...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2531-33br_pregamma_1_fattal_alpha_0.8_beta_0.9_saturation_1_noiseredux_0.05cs600x900.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	81.7 KB 
ID:	272
    Not sure I like the tone-mapping algorithm I used, there's another 9 versions with god knows how many configuration options, I'll find one I like one day...
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.
    Gear Photos

Here are a few HDR's I shot on my holiday in Norway. I didn't really set up for any shot and since the scenery has so much contrast due to the shadow of the mountains, the bright snow and the strong sun I decided to shoot a lot of 3-exposures and look into them when I got home. It was a much more difficult scenery to photograph than the Dutch nature.
    Unfortunately as I said I didn't set up the shots, so they aren't always as sharp as I liked them to be. Next time I'll use the tripod more often
    On Flickr you can see where they are located at if you're interested

Wild Water at Briksdalbreen Norway by Jan Paalman, on Flickr

Skongenes Fyr Norway by Jan Paalman, on Flickr

Tystigbreen Norway by Jan Paalman, on Flickr

Skridulaupbreen Tystigbreen Norway by Jan Paalman, on Flickr

Sunset at Møvik by Jan Paalman, on Flickr
    Last edited by Sheiky; 07-02-2012 at 02:19 PM. Reason: forgot one :)

Oh wow, Jan! What a beautiful place for a holiday!! I think for an HDR effect, the 4th one is my favorite. Tough to choose though, they all look great!

Denise

I agree with Denise Jan.....The place looks Ace..The images are great and number 4 is my favourite. Well done

Jan, I too like them all but the last one is a real standout. Great series.

Old Pittsburgh County Jail

I like the way HDR processing handles scenes like this. Texture that's on the edge of being over the top but still a clean scene.

Very nice Don.

Wally

Thanks Wally

Time to bump this thread!

This was one of those classic times when you are taking a picture of a sunset and turn around, only to see something really nice too. 3 shot HDR. 7D and Sigma 30 f/1.4.

That's very good Brian, the HDR has created a storybook effect to my eyes. Beautiful home and beautiful image.
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur