Page 38 of 47 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your Best HDR Photo

Re: Post Your Best HDR Photo

Bryan, Great shot and.... it really motivates me to break out my 10-22------beyond the HDR exposure, you did a great job controlling the lens distortion---please tell us how you managed this, crop, software, or just well framed?

Thanks,

Bob
    Bob

Great HDR's...Love the Vegas shot!

Belger..I really like your HDR...the smoke gives it a surreal look, while the truck makes it look really modern. Very cool!

<span style="font-size: medium;"]
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Williams

<span style="font-size: medium;"]...you did a great job controlling the lens distortion---please tell us how you managed this, crop, software, or just well framed?

<span style="font-size: medium;"]Wow, Thanks a lot Bob. In general, I find the 10-22 to be fairly forgiving in terms of distortion. For this shot in particular, first, it was shot at 22 mm, so obviously less distortion than if it would have been shot wider. Then, I enabled lens corrections in Lightroom. After creating the HDR in Photoshop CS5, I corrected perspective via skew adjustments. Then finally cropped out the right side of the image where the edge of the taller building in the background was still a little too skewed from vertical.

<span style="font-size: medium;"]Here is the original full-frame, non-HDR single-exposure, non-processed image for comparison:

Nice to see that you included one of the original exposures. I think its helpful from a learning aspect to see the before and after.

<span style="font-size: medium;"]Here is another from Las Vegas. I posted this image much earlier in this same thread. (on page 18) That one was processed using Photomatix. I just re-processed using CS5 for practice.

<span style="font-size: medium;"]Since freelanceshots pointed out the value of seeing the original single exposure as well as the processed HDR, here are both...

<span style="font-size: medium;"]Now the HDR version:

Bryan, Thanks for sharing the workflow----Again, very nice work.

Bob
    Bob

You can see the big improvement in the overall image BK. I would say that the HDR process you are using is working well and suites the name High Dynamic Range well.

As far as logos, names and copyright info on photos used on the web I don't see the need for it where all images no matter what are protected. Under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 all work on the web is copyrighted automatically by the person who created it, made it, or photographed it. There are no exceptions. If you find someone using your photo or work and you did not provide permission for them to copy or use it then you can sue them and you will win. No need to file a copyright unless you just really want to. I know this and got more informed on this matter because I was contacted by the almighty Getty Images and told that I had done copyright infringement on an almost worthless image the size of a silicon computer chip that I grabbed from yahoo images six years ago and used on the directions page of a website. If someone wants to use your image illegally then more power to them but if you do catch them then you will collect a reasonable amount for your effort if you pursue the matter.

If you want you could buy reasonable priced software and search the web for any image created by you and then sit back and let the money come to you. That is if your images are being used by people that have something to loose.

What HDR software are you using guys? I have tried Photomatix and am quite impressed by the affect, there are a few quirks but nothing bad. The biggest problem is the very bright highlight are hard to hold in photomatix, I managed to hold them but had to go through DxO and increase the contrast. But those are only for very extreme highlights. Also something more tweakable so I can get some extreme HDR

Normally I use Photomatix for all my HDRs but for some reason, for the below picture, it just didn't work took well. Instead, this was processed with Adobe's Merge To HDR in Photoshop.

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/1200x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/13/1348.dodger-stadium.jpg[/img]

Your shot is a perfect example of what I am talking about, when I want to hold the highlights to the point of grey it