Thread: Canon annoucing 500D tomorrow?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Canon annoucing 500D tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by cian3307

Now my 400D really is starting to look a bit dated[img]/emoticons/emotion-6.gif[/img]
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

Indeed, mine too, the new camera offers slightly higher pixel count (more noise), it offers higher ISO (even more noise), it's got live view (OK, good thing), it's got movie mode (I don't care about that), it has some new and neat features like "Highlight Tone Priority", "Auto Lighting Optimizer", "Peripheral illumination correction" (all good things). The pricing will be interesting as it looks like it can indeed kill 50D with a lot of the features (unless 50D gets upgraded). Really, the only feature of 50D that's better than 500D is that I don't have to throw away my CF cards...

Let's look at the pricing, in Australii a 450D sets me back (body only, Australia dollars) <span class="price"]- $899.00, 1000D - <span class="price"]$749.00, 50D - <span class="price"]$1,644.00. 500D will kill off 450D but will be more expensive by, I'm guessing up to about $200-$250. What the heck would to compell me to buy a 50D with its current features and price instead of 500D? Is there a 60D coming soon...?

IfI usemy camera everday, the xxD body is always better than the xxxD/Rebel body. Forthe joystick, the quick control dial and faster frame rate, I'd choose a xxD body over the xxxD/Rebel body anytime.

I agree. The larger body is also much easier to handle (for me, at least). Even with the battery grip on my Rebel XT, it was to small. I find my 40D w/ grip a much more balanced system, especially with long glass.

I would have to agree with that assessment. I always felt like the 70-200 f/2.8 L IS was a bit too much weight for the Rebel body. It worked, of course, but I was certainly more careful with the long zoom mounted on the Rebel than I am with the same lens on the 50D.

Now that I have the 50D, the Rebel feels like a toy. It still takes great pictures, but it doesn't feel as solidly built and doesn't feel substantial when holding it.

Canon officially announced the EOS Rebel T1i

Check their website!

I want to see a 60D now!

I want to see a 1DsMkIV on my nightstand tomorrow morning, or on the kitchen counter, where my bills used to be []