Thread: NEW CANON DSLR SHOWING ON THEIR WEBSITE: EOS Rebel T1i

NEW CANON DSLR SHOWING ON THEIR WEBSITE: EOS Rebel T1i

Canon is showing a new DSLR on their (US) website this evening; the EOS Rebel T1i. It appears to be very similar to the XSi, but with a 15.1 Megapixel sensor and full HD (1080) video.

<span style="font-variant: small-caps;"]<o><span style="font-size: small; font-family: Times New Roman;"]http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=ModelInfoAct&amp;fcategoryid=139&am p;modelid=18385</o>

Re: NEW CANON DSLR SHOWING ON THEIR WEBSITE: EOS Rebel T1i

I'm glad they keep updating. I'm even more glad I didn't upgrade from XTi to XSi. I may even wait longer to upgrade and get a D** in a year or two. But, for those needing an upgrade or just getting into DSLR, that's one heck of a camera.

what's with the name? the rebel series has the most confusing camera naming convention i've ever seen.. they should just switch to the international x00D naming scheme.. shoot, even keep the name and call it the "rebel 500D".. with the 5D, and the 50D on the market, it just makes sense..

Yeah. I went from the Rebel XT to the 40D early last year. I'm very happy with the body, so I plan on keeping it for a while. My next upgrade will be to Full Frame. Now that camera bodiesare squarly in the relm of electronics andsensors are getting denser and cheaper nearly by the hour, I fully expect the entire DSLR market to shift to Full Frame in the next three years. The only problem with that is that the resale market on the EF-S lenses will take a dive.

Cool! I have a 40D, but this camera actually looks pretty good!

Upgrades:

-ISO 100-3200, H1: 6400 H2: 12800

- Pentaprism viewfinder - not the dimmer Pentamirror

- 15 MP - WOW!

- VGA screen - I wasn't expecting this in the Rebel series

- HD video - but I would never have any use of it.

I like this trend, Canon.

Now, give me my 60D.