Page 103 of 148 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1477

Thread: Post Your Best Nature Shots!

Re: Post Your Best Nature Shots!

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Eade
    but this Mallard would not get close so I did a landscape shot with the 300mm 2.8 and the 1.4 TC...

Actually Joel, I like this shot---It has a tranquil feel to it.

Which reminds me---I have a little story that us nature photogs (and probably others) can appreciate----This is also a little teaser for Joel.

This last Saturday, Norma (my wife) and I decided to go to the Bosque del Apache on on a whim (3:00 pm). By the time we got there, it was 5:15pm with onlyabout anhour of light left. Well, we started our slow trek trek arounda 12 mile loop keeping a watchfull eye for the birds and wildlife. During that hour, we came upon several deer, canadian geese, snow geese, lots of ducks, pheasant, a few sandies, coyotes, hawks, and one very rude tourist and his family (i have evidence)---Now, I didn't get pics of all of the wildlife that we saw, but here are a few not-so-good shots of some of the wildlife and the very rude tourist.

Her is one that isn't great, but I really liked the light---the sun was just out of frame and there was a haze in the air (probably dust from the rude tourist)

and one of a Canadian strutting his stuff

and one that had potential---but the effort was short lived

As I said---Short lived, because a rude tourist failed to respect the fact that I was leaning over the hood of my truck with a big white lens trying to work a shot of this herd of deer and decided to blow past me at about 30 MPH.........and this isthe rest of the story:

To explain: most people who go to the Bosque del Apache, go there to observe or photograph wildlife and as such are normally very polite and very patient and willing to wait if they see someone stopped in the middle of the road looking at or photographing wildlife---But occasionally you have to deal with people like this. Needless to say, my time with the buck mule deer was short lived.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Williams

----This is also a little teaser for Joel.

I'm still down with it .... will try firm up dates within the next 2-3 weeks if that's cool?

@Bob. Actually, I like the muley doe shot a lot. Its got a peaceful soft feeling to it and the highlights are beautiful. WEll done and too bad about the inconsiderate tourist....it actually looks like he/she was trying to spook that buck....reeeeal classy

Damian

Denise----Very, Very good. Love the detail.
    Bob

I agree with Bob, these are vey nice. Looks like a great day!

Thank you! It is a beautiful place but a much longer lens is needed to really get some great shots!

This was taken down by Lake Michigan with my 2nd copy of the Sigma 50mm1.4 that came today! Not too many days like this left this year!

Looks good. Are you happy with this copy?
    Mark

Thanks, Mark! So far, I am very happy. I haven't done any micro-adjusting with it yet but it doesn't appear it will need much, if any. I do want to do more continuous shooting with it today to make sure it will focus accurately 99% of the time.

From what I saw shooting outside with it yesterday, vignetting was pretty non-existent and chromatic aberration and purple fringing was really well controlled, or I should say better than some I have shot with. With that on the plus side, I like it much better than the Canon 50mm 1.4 I had. I did notice in post when using Camera Raw that it does have some significant distortion but Camera Raw does a good job with correcting it.

Denise

Another Autumn shot.

5DS R, 1D X, 7D, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6, 24mm f/1.4L II, 16-35mm f/4L IS, 24-105mm f/4L, 50mm f/1.8, 100mm Macro f/2.8L, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L, 580EX-II
    flickr