Page 12 of 148 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your Best Nature Shots!

Re: Post Your Best Nature Shots!

Since we're talking eagles here's mine:

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.24.31/IMG_5F00_1182-m-copy.jpg[/img]

Dave, I like the loon and low angle you shot it. Just a few suggestions on the GBH and the ealge, for the GBH the bird's going away and it's also out of focus, for the eagle I think a tighter crop would be nicer. Good luck next time []

Piioo, nice eagle, I would like to see more wing details and the bird coming at you. [] Good luck next time.

Reddish Egrets are not indigenous to Southern California, they are home to the gulf coast states. Last summer we had 3 visiting Bolsa Chica, while the other 2 went to breed, this young bird stayed and has made BC its home for the past year.

Larger version here http://photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=7972432&size=lg

40D, 400 f/5.6L, f/6.3, 1/1250 sec, ISO 250.

piioo;

I agree w/Sinh's critique, but sometimes you just have to take what the subject gives you.....nice capture of an ABE.

Here's a juvie BE I captured returning to my car, after being out all morning looking for BEs....of course the nice light was gone!

BEs are making a come back in my area but are still relatively rare which is a perfect segue into this photo another rare visitor to my area; juvie Snowy Owl

A more recent photo and not so rare but a tough bird to capture unobstructed and relatively close; N. Flicker

Regards

Bill

Sinh, Bill,

thanks a lot for your comments. I am a newbe in bird photography, but I'm trying. It's not easy to get eye contact, frontal presentation, without dictracting bacground/foreground, and what I think ismost important - without harassing the birds. I just spotted an osprey platform, let's hope I'll get some nice shots.

Sinh -any advice onphotographing ospreys?

This birdie showed up outside my work. Thank god i carry my camera everywhere.

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.24.65/_5F00_MG_5F00_9233.JPG[/img]

125mm, f5.6, 1/320, iso 400

Lens was the kit lens 28-135 IS

Cheers!

Dev

Dev:

Very nice! It's also good that you had the presence of mind to get that quick shot.

George Slusher
    Lt Col, USAF (Ret)
    Eugene, OR

I've been spending a lot of time in my garden since I bought bird feeders. How I love f/2.8 @ 200mm.

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.25.60/IMG_5F00_1244-_2D00_-Version-2.jpg[/img]

First time posts []any constructive criticism is welcome.

All these where taken with a Canon 450D and an EF70-200.

Seagull.

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.28.72/Bird-800x.JPG[/img]

Swan.

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.28.72/Swan-Drip-800x.JPG[/img]

Young swan.

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.28.72/Swan-Drip-2-800x.JPG[/img]

Regards,

Paul

I especially like the seagull. I'm assuming that one was heavily cropped... (only because it would be tough to get that close with a 200mm lens)

Yes it was cropped down by quite a bit, fortunately it was out the centre of the lens so it was pretty sharp.