Page 39 of 148 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989139 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your Best Nature Shots!

Re: Post Your Best Nature Shots!

Quote Originally Posted by Madison

Yeah it's a crop. The lens didn't reach far enough for me to do it without cropping.
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

Then why just 75mm?

Thanks guys for the comments

Bill, I was just too lazy to right everything out, U.R.C stands forupper right corner, sorry.

Oren, no, that lens is not for sale, I had to wait over 2 months just to get it.[]

Chuck,I believe the specularcircles are O.O.F terns in the distance.

Quote Originally Posted by Oren
    Then why just 75mm?

Because the 105mm shot didn't work out. I took a few test shots and this one was the only one that I could work with.

I'll be going back for a better shot (and proper settings) later this week. I was experimenting.

PS: The next photo (see below) is not really a nature shot since the monkey is dead but I wanted to include it anyway. I had a 'sketch day' today at the National History Museum (dead animals) and at the croc pond (living animals that might as well be dead because they hardly move). I will be going back to both places to re shoot these images properly because they did not work out the way I wanted them to but I did both in a few minutes running around instead of taking my time. And when something works, but not quite the way I want it to, I go back and finish the job properly. Anyway: here is the sketch:

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.25.11/_5F00_MG_5F00_2152_2D00_Edit.jpg[/img]

I've been lurking on this forum for a while so I thought this is as good a time as ever to introduce my self. My name is Vu, I'm an engineer living in the Bay Area. I wanted to give photography a try a year or so ago and have been shooting since. This is one hell of an addiction now.

Anyhow, here's a couple of shots that I thought would be fitting for this thread. These 2 shots were taken with my 40D, 70-200mm F4L IS, and Kenko extension tubes. I don't have the EXIF info with me atm but will post them when I get home.

Please feel free to critique and comments. Looking forward to interact with the rest of you on this forum. Have a great day.

One of my very first pics.

In #2

i shouldnt have kept the sun bang in the center. i was just too excited to hold a camera for the first time

Hi Vu, welcome to The-Digital-Picture Forum! Nice shots, I think they could be sharper, looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Hi Daya, welcome to The-Digital-Picture Forum too! I like how you cropped/composed the first shot, good way to show off the cloud. I like the second's color, you can try to level the horizon, it's tilted.

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.25.81/_5F00_MG_5F00_1043sm2.jpg[/img]

Nice one, Keith.

Multiple exposures? How long did you leave the shutter open to get the lightning?

Thank you Sinh Nhut Nguyen )

Thank you for your comments.

In the 2nd pic the horizon got tilted because of the camera click i think i will try to correct it. I am a BIG ZERO at pp and have only DPP to perform with. Havent read about tilt correction via DPP in its manual.

Afraid you can't correct tilted horizons in DPP[]

If you're like me and often end up with tilted skylines, this a real pain (are you listening Canon software design dept.?)