Page 65 of 148 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your Best Nature Shots!

Re: Post Your Best Nature Shots!

Fast Glass and muc1 - great shots!

Fast Glass - colors are sweet but the branch is very distracting, it'd could be a great picture without it.

muc1 - I'd clone out the flower at the right top of the picture and the other one at the bottom left corner as well.

Fast Glass... I like the Robin, the orange breast is nice...I think solid red and solid orange colors are difficult to see details in the feathers..good work on that one.

muc1...the honey bee is cool and you have some suggestions already...I would consider darkening the background a touch to make the bee pop out even more.

Here's one of a Nuthatch...40D, 300mm 2.8L, 430exII fill flash[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.32.28/IMG_5F00_3821.jpg[/img]

Great shot Joel Eade, nice detail.

Hi All, From what I gather from your c's I need to brush up on my photoshop skills, crop, clone, darken background. I agree with all the suggestions just not up to thatlevel of Photoshop usage as yet, been focusing on capture of subject, time to step up a level on the computer.

Whatsreal, bees are cool I haven't been stung yet and I have hundreds of bee shots some a lot closer, They give you a warning if you're anoying them to much, stinging means death to them they are not sucidal.

Thanks all for the suggestions, will see what I can do to improve the field.

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.33.11/IMG_5F00_0116-copy.jpg[/img]

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.33.11/7d_2300_3-014-copy.jpg[/img]

Cool ladybug!

-Rodger

heh, I know that about bees, but I grew up in South America where almost the only bees we had were the killer african hybrid. 1 stings you and they swarm to sting you. They also don't really give you a warning, well they do, but it is really really fast. But these two pictures are awesome!

Thanks Rodger.

Whatsreal, yea we have something like those swarm bees really aggressive but usually not killers, our honey bees are really placid just cruise around give a buzz if annoyed and continue working, never had a problem with them. I got close to a swarm of them once and took shots, I have to admit I was a tad nervous being that close ( 6 to 12 inches) to so many bees protecting a new Queen.

Hi Whatsreal,

I attached in mypage three pics of the bees mentioned in the last post scuse the quality of the shots, done with a P+S.

Brown Pelican diving

40D & 400 f/5.6, f/6.3, 1/2000, ISO 400

Larger version http://photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=9957731&size=lg

Sweet! Great shot! And its not even taken with your 500.

I will be getting my 7D in about three weeks, huray!

John.

Perfect as always Nate! Wonderfully sharp, excellent feather detail.