Thread: Post Your Best Nature Shots!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Post Your Best Nature Shots!

This is when I had my XSI.....[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.29.95/_5F00_MG_5F00_2277.jpg[/img]

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.29.95/_5F00_MG_5F00_3646.jpg[/img]

Apic in Japan

I hate resampling my pics to jpeg.........

Here is another pic at Aquarium in Yokohama Japan some tangs feeding[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.29.95/_5F00_MG_5F00_1808.jpg[/img]

OK, I know the white feathers are over exposed, but my accidental timing was perfect!

Canon 400D + 100mm f2.8 macro USM. Tv 1/2500, f4, ISO 200.[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.23.16/Herring-Gull.jpg[/img]

I'll say it was. Very nice!

Any slight technical issues can be overlooked with a shot like that.

RBarrz: wat do you use to create that border? It looks nice!

First off,cian3307, amazing timing! I love (and hate) when I get an accidental perfectly timed shot. On one of my first ever bird pictures I was randomly lucky with an old Canon AV-1 and caught the bird perfectly in flight. It's on this thread somewhere haha. All in all, nice job

Quote Originally Posted by Madison
    wat do you use to create that border?

Madison, I made a photoshop action that gives the same basic vignette affect. Here is an example and you can decide whether to use my settings or not haha. Critique always welcome, but not looking for it as this is just an example of an affect. (Plus it doesn't quite fit the 'Nature' category.)

-In photoshop, you change the "Background" layer to "Layer 0" or rename it however you would like.

-Then, you add a "Layer Style" to "Layer 0"

-Make sure in the Layer Style dialogue box, that only "Inner Glow" is checked.

-Under the "Structure" heading: Blend Mode = normal, Opacity = 100%, Noise = 0, Check the color square (for lack of a better term) and make sure it is pure black (or whatever color you want the vignette to be).

-Under the "Elements" heading: Technique = softer, Source = edge, Choke =15%, Size = 250px

-Under the "Quality" heading: Contour = a box with a diagonal split going from bottom left to top right. Dark side was on bottom (I was I knew how to put a picture of it here rather than try to describe it). , Anti-aliased = not checked, Range = 46%, Jitter = 0%

Hope this works for you! (You can see why I made it an action rather than do this each time I wanted a vignette!)

-Rodger

I used to do the same thing as posted above but not all pics allow me to use my saved settings so I got edge efx and it works around pic when its close to border I like it alot.