Page 132 of 148 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132133134142 ... LastLast
Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 1477

Thread: Post Your Best Nature Shots!

Wow Brant! What a series. That looks like it was tons of fun. The detail and colors are awesome. I just did some long exposure shots on the coast of Ireland, and they turned out ok. There was unfortunately a ton of wind, and my 1.8 pound carbon fiber travel tripod (with no weights; left them by accident) wasn't really up to the task. Here's the best of the lot:

Thanks Bryan... Ricketts Glen is a hike I'd recommend to pretty much anyone who likes waterfalls. I had a great day temperature and humidity wise, I wouldn't have minded an overcast sky, but I'll take what I get. Nice work on blurring the ocean shots. I've been wanting to try that myself.

So two weekends ago was my annual waterfall trip with a friend. First day results were posted above (Ricketts Glen State Park in Pennsylvania). Day 2 we spent driving the Pennsylvania side of the Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area. Turns out, they have a few waterfalls as well:

Bushkill Falls Area (fee area)

small-4190 by kayaker72, on Flickr

small-4191 by kayaker72, on Flickr

Dingman Falls Area

small-4204 by kayaker72, on Flickr

small-4205 by kayaker72, on Flickr

Raymondskill Falls

small-4215 by kayaker72, on Flickr

Still dealing with the harsh constrast in light. Someday I would love to go back to both locations and focus on times with better light. But, great trip. Saw something like 35 waterfalls in 2 days. I'll take it.

Thanks for viewing...Brant

Brant - Nice job on the waterfalls. It does look like a difficult situation on some of them with the sun. However, the first one is an absolutely beautiful shot (great light, composition, and the sun rays just make it a great shot). The third one is a really nice waterfall... I always like the tall skinny ones that break over rocks and cascade down. The rest are very good, but those are the two that stand out to me. The first is a wall hanger.
    5DS R, 1D X, 7D, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6, 24mm f/1.4L II, 16-35mm f/4L IS, 24-105mm f/4L, 50mm f/1.8, 100mm Macro f/2.8L, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L, 580EX-II
    flickr

Thanks Pat. I'd love to go back, maybe in the Fall. Pick 2-3 of the falls and make sure I am there early morning or late afternoon to get better light. This may have been more of a "recon" trip. But a very fun recon trip.

Great shots, Brant.

I was out today with the local butterfly club. It was my first time shooting butterflies. Even though I was at 1/1000, I still couldn't get frozen wings. They move deceptively fast. Still, I got some shots I'm happy with.

Mark - Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Kayaker72 View Post
    So two weekends ago was my annual waterfall trip with a friend.
    Ricketts Glen State Park in Pennsylvania. Day 2 we spent driving the Pennsylvania side of the Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area. Turns out, they have a few waterfalls as well:
    Bushkill Falls Area (fee area)
    Dingman Falls Area
    Raymondskill Falls
    Someday I would love to go back to both locations and focus on times with better light. But, great trip. Saw something like 35 waterfalls in 2 days. I'll take it.

Thanks for viewing...Brant
    Brant, I am "stationed" on Long Island New York for several more months and often have 3 day weekends that I can use for such trips - I am thinking of something in the fall color season. Any thoughts, recommendations, want to try to synch schedules for a shooting day?

Mike
    If you see me with a wrench, call 911

Tree frog. Maybe 1/2 inch in length. This is an 80% crop from the center of an image shot with the EOS-M and 22mm f2 lens.

Last edited by M_Six; 07-09-2013 at 11:51 PM.
    Mark - Flickr

Post Your Best Nature Shots!

Traveling right now. I'll PM you soon.

Nice shot with the EOS M!

Here's one of my recent flower shots.

2013_06_30_2337-1_upd by dthrog00, on Flickr

Thanks for viewing.
    Dave