Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 24-70mm f/2.8L II ISO added

I'm surprised Bryan had such difficulties with obtaining a good copy of this lens, especially since Roger at LensRentals.com seemed to get a whole stack of great copies. Maybe the UPS man decided to drop the packages with the first two copies he received (I had to have a talk with my UPS man... it is not acceptable to throw packages at my front door from 5+ feet away).

The copy I received seems almost as sharp as my 70-200mm IS II at 70mm and also seems just as sharp across the rest of the focal range. It's vastly superior to the mark I lens I had in sharpness and autofocus, so I'm a satisfied customer.

Quote Originally Posted by HDNitehawk View Post
    Overall it is a big improvement on the old version. I just need to compare to see if it will be an improvement over my 16-35mm II because for me that is the lens it will be replacing.
    Not quite sure why you'd want to replace the 16-35mm II with this lens... these two lenses seem to compliment each other more than compete. I know I'd really miss the wide end of the 16-35mm, but I suppose your focal length needs might be very different from mine.
    - Trowski

Quote Originally Posted by Trowski View Post
    Not quite sure why you'd want to replace the 16-35mm II with this lens... these two lenses seem to compliment each other more than compete. I know I'd really miss the wide end of the 16-35mm, but I suppose your focal length needs might be very different from mine.
    For the 35-70mm extra range.
    I only use the zooms as walk around lenses. Right now I carry the 16-35 in a side pouch with the 70-200mm mounted on camera. I think if I had the 24-70 I "might" just carry the one lens and leave the 70-200mm at home. I have the 16 to 35 mm range covered now at two spots with my 24 and 35mm L's. If I find I miss the 16mm range I might add the 14mm L later.