Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Need Man Help... quick!

Indeed, for now though our "kids" situation is a 12 month long trip around the world. Who wouldn't better pictures of that?!

Thanks for the congrats too guys!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ben_taylor_au/ www.methodicallymuddled.wordpress.com
    Canon 5D Mark III | Canon 5D Mark II | Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Canon 35mm f/1.4L USM | Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM |Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II |Canon 2 x Teleconverter III | Canon 580 EX II Speedlite | Really Right Stuff TVC 34L | Really Right Stuff BH55 LR | Gorillapod Focus | Really Right Stuff BH 30

Congratz

The big mistake I see is that you published the amount that is in the change jar.
    I would make the switch quickly as the change may find its way to new shoes, purse or something similar.

I would go 24mm over the 35mm but that is just me. Both are great though, it is just whichever fits your shooting style. I would see no need for the pancake if you went 35mm.

Since this is a call to all men for advice, I guess I can't give any here but I will say ...Congrats, Ben and Lauren!

Thanks guys for this mornings read ...it's like reading the comic strips over my morning coffee! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by HDNitehawk View Post
    The big mistake I see is that you published the amount that is in the change jar.
    Agreed. Those types of secrets cannot be untold. It not only affects this time around, but the next time it fills up, you might have someone else working up their own spreadsheet.

Quote Originally Posted by HDNitehawk View Post
    Congratz

I would make the switch quickly as the change may find its way to new shoes, purse or something similar.
    Quote Originally Posted by rlriii13 View Post
    Agreed. Those types of secrets cannot be untold. It not only affects this time around, but the next time it fills up, you might have someone else working up their own spreadsheet.
    You're right, but there was so much change in that jar that I needed her help to count it all! However, I'd essentially worked a pre-nup style arrangement into that change jar that it would go toward photography gear rather than coming out of other savings. I'm a forward thinker you see
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ben_taylor_au/ www.methodicallymuddled.wordpress.com
    Canon 5D Mark III | Canon 5D Mark II | Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Canon 35mm f/1.4L USM | Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM |Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II |Canon 2 x Teleconverter III | Canon 580 EX II Speedlite | Really Right Stuff TVC 34L | Really Right Stuff BH55 LR | Gorillapod Focus | Really Right Stuff BH 30

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725 View Post
    Since this is a call to all men for advice, I guess I can't give any here but I will say ...Congrats, Ben and Lauren!

Thanks guys for this mornings read ...it's like reading the comic strips over my morning coffee! LOL!
    Thanks Denise, and I'm glad we could provide some morning entertainment for you.

Quote Originally Posted by rlriii13 View Post
    Very wise advice starting to come through here. This is what I was afraid of.

I think Denise could help out a little more with some sure fire winning strategies that she knows would work on the fairer sex for purchasing more lenses.
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Steve U View Post
    Very wise advice starting to come through here. This is what I was afraid of.

I think Denise could help out a little more with some sure fire winning strategies that she knows would work on the fairer sex for purchasing more lenses.
    All I can say is that all women everywhere are on to you guys and your little sly and sneaky strategies BUT ...it is obvious that you are not on to us ...yet & I have taken the oath of silence to not divulge any further information on the subject!

I have your back ladies!!

Right... somebody needs to start a fake account as a woman, befriend Denise and get as much out of her as possible.

I'm thinking Steve could be Stephanie???

Quote Originally Posted by btaylor View Post
    Right... somebody needs to start a fake account as a woman, befriend Denise and get as much out of her as possible.

I'm thinking Steve could be Stephanie???
    ROFL! Thanks, Ben ...you almost made me choke on the cashews I was eating when I read this!