Thread: unbelievable

unbelievable

canon anounces yet again a new crop body DSLR and this forum isnt already pickin it apart without any hands on ... I TRULY CONGRATLATE ONE AND ALLL... that folks is by no means tongue in cheek ...i read other forums and websites and there is one (un-named) site that is about nothing except whining and pixel peeping ..this however is the place ihave learned most abou t what one needs in terms of lenses for the type of images he /she would like to shoot.

next i need help with PP ...onward and upward ...right here

brian you are to be Commended... I for one Thank you ....

mark

Re: unbelievable

Nice post Mark, it is refreshing to be on this forum that is truly helpful. The unnamed forum is worthwhile if you can wade through the myriad of unhelpful (nice for mean downright nasty) posts. Also, kudos to Brian for being available via email.

I thought the T1i sounded like a good camera.

i dont disagree. just a few paricular site seem to be about picking something apart and making unfounded assumptions about something the posters no nothing as oviously so few have actually had their hands on it yet ... the video for me is useless and adds nothing.but other then that all seems in order if you require a 15mp body in a crop ...

cheers

Some of the other forums out there are full of people who do not have the products, have not used them, and to absurd "tests" using non-sense techniques and equipment.

Anyway I like this community substantially more.

Quote Originally Posted by mark

i dont disagree. just a few paricular site seem to be about picking something apart and making unfounded assumptions about something the posters no nothing as oviously so few have actually had their hands on it yet ... the video for me is useless and adds nothing.but other then that all seems in order if you require a 15mp body in a crop ...

cheers

Yeah I have had my 5Dmk2 since early December and have yet to shoot any video.

I also like the T1i. It will be a great camera, especially since it goes above ISO 1600, unlike the other Rebels. The only thing I don't like about it is the silver mode dial. :-)

I agree this forum has the most informed users of any I visit. The technical expertise of some of the posters is astonishing.

I'm also a big fan of posting what you "know." I hate to see people advising negatively about a lens or body they don't own. I've found common wisdom about several items is not accurate.

I also think it helps to understand experience levels of the person using the gear and writing about it. A very experienced photographer may get better results with at XT than a novice will get with a 1DsMKIII.

Ever notice how few of those negative posters actualy post any pics they have taken?

What I like about this forum is the honest opinions, constructive criticism and helpful advice.