Thread: looking for mint Canon 1D Mark III

looking for mint Canon 1D Mark III

new to digital photography, and interested in a reasonably new, mint Canon 1D Mark III. i am in canada and a new one is about $4000 Cdn.

Re: looking for mint Canon 1D Mark III

WOW! where have you seen a new one for $4K?

The cheapest I have ever found is $4,500.00... That's a lot of camera for someone just starting... []

Check Adorama for "Canon Refurbished" and "Used." You can beat $4,000 by a wide margin.

Therewas a used1DMKIII for $2,299 in the last two weeks andthere is a refurbished unit for $2,999right now (Mfr. Part: 1888B021AASKU: ICA1DM3R).

If you really want a deal, do the same search for 1DMKII, which are now showing up below $1,000 used.

so i guess the question then becomes ...how much do you expect or want to pay

For all of you in the US, you should be purchasing your camera equipment here in Canada. With the exchange in your favor right now, you should take advantage of Canadian prices. For example:

I purchase all my gear from The Camera Store in Calgary, Alberta (http://www.thecamerastore.com). Great service and free shipping with orders of $500.00 +

Check this out: ADORAMA or B&H sell the 1DMKIII for $3849.00 US - The Camera Store sells it for $4499.00 CDN so $3624.00 US

or

50D body @ B&H sells for $1199.95 US - The Camera Store sells it for $1298.63 CDN so $1045.00 US

You have money left over for more goodies... keep an eye on the exchange because 2 weeks ago, you would have saved and extra $100.00 on each.

[]

couldn't wait for one so after much deliberation....i have gone to the dark side....i picked up a new nikon d700 for full frame and action and low light photography.

this is a great forum.