Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Website Change

Website Change

Well, its a cool, windy dreary day here in Central NM. So....out of boredom, I decided to change the overall look of my webpage. It didn't take much work though as this is a Zenfolio standard, but I still kind of like it, even if just for the Fall. Take a look here: http://rwilliamsimaging.com/ and tell me what you think.

Thanks,

Bob
    Bob

I think it looks great, Bob! Especially with the photos that depict the same golden hue! I would love to redo mine but it so much work and I'm afraid I will screw it up and it won't work properly.

The one thing I don't like about zenfolio is they do not offer a photo album tie-in that I know of. Correct me if I am wrong.

Do you have a professional facebook page that ties to your website? I know many are really pushing this as the way to go now and I have been debating on it. I am not a huge facebook fan but looks like it is getting to be the band wagon to get on whether I like it or not. I have a personal facebook page but that is it so far.

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725 View Post
    I think it looks great, Bob! Especially with the photos that depict the same golden hue! I would love to redo mine but it so much work and I'm afraid I will screw it up and it won't work properly.

The one thing I don't like about zenfolio is they do not offer a photo album tie-in that I know of. Correct me if I am wrong.

Do you have a professional facebook page that ties to your website? I know many are really pushing this as the way to go now and I have been debating on it. I am not a huge facebook fan but looks like it is getting to be the band wagon to get on whether I like it or not. I have a personal facebook page but that is it so far.
    Thanks DD, Your right, zenfolio doesn't offer a photo album tie-in, but there are a couple of ways around that. If you use lightroom or aperture they both have plugins available that normally work very well. I have been using mine for a couple of years now. You can also setup a directory just for your Zenfolio uploads and even sub-divide that into gallery titles that you have on Zenfolio.

As far as facebook: Well, yes, I have a professional page. But I hate facebook and as such I haven't done much with it. I don't even think I have looked at facebook for three months; Thats what my wife is for.

Wha I have found that is useful is Twitter, Its much easier to gain a professional following.
    Bob

Very nice. I particularly like the way the images in the slideshow on the main page load fast. IMO, too many photographers have web sites where the initial page takes forever to load, and by that time, I am off to somewhere else.

Again, nice work.

Larry

Wow, nice site. I'm wondering now if Zenfolio doesn't have a better set of templates than Squarespace.

Fantastic images, especially the hummingbirds.

Just one nitpick. The flashy stuff coming from the sky is lightning, not lightening. (Unless I'm missing a pun or something.)
    Mark - Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
    Wow, nice site. I'm wondering now if Zenfolio doesn't have a better set of templates than Squarespace.

Fantastic images, especially the hummingbirds.

Just one nitpick. The flashy stuff coming from the sky is lightning, not lightening. (Unless I'm missing a pun or something.)
    As far as spelling, that's embarrassing---but fixed now. I really like this theme, but I don't think it works well with my Photography---so, I am looking at something different----Going to make my own background and mat and see where that leads.
    Bob

Very nice look to the website...well done (as usual)

Looks great and easy navigation with the hyperlinks. The color scheme works well with your style. The pix are great examples of your work. Did not see the "before", but the "after" is great.
    There is beauty in simplicity.

1DX | 16-35L II | 24-70L II | 50/1.2L | 70-200/2.8L IS II | 100L Macro | 100-400L II | 300/2.8L IS II | 1.4x III TC | 2x III TC | 580EX II | MT-24EX | lots of stuff

Agree with the others here Bob. Very nicely done. You have amassed a great collection of photos. Very impressive.

Thanks all for the compliments. Although I really liked the "Fall" theme, It just wasn't me and I didn't like using someone else's design. So I took some time this morning and completely re-designed the the whole thing. So again, I ask you to take a look. I would just put up screen shots to make it easier, but the page loses something when I try. Anyway, Here it is again.

http://rwilliamsimaging.com/

Thanks,

Bob
    Bob