Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wedding Gallery Photos

Wedding Gallery Photos

Well, I was afraid to post this but here goes ...my first wedding photo gallery is available for viewing! It took the b&g over a month to view it which is why it took so long for me to be able to remove the password protection. They still need to choose which ones to have printed for their package.

I learned so much from you guys in helping me pull this off but in the end ...I think my nerves got the best of me so be gentle with the critiquing. I can see a number of mistakes I made but I do want to hear any helpful advice you would like to share.

Three main things I've learned from the actual experience ...

#1 - Charge twice as much as I think I'm worth!
    #2 - Leave my nervousness at home!
    #3 - Don't be afraid to take charge!

All three of the above messed me up big time so if I ever do this again, if I can improve on those ...the rest will fall much better into place!

Here's the link if you want to take a peek ...

http://dtrociophotography.com/f220114153

The song playing to the slideshow is a karaoke version from their first dance ...Elton John doesn't allow his version for download.

Thanks for viewing!

Denise

Denise, I am seeing a $2000 to $3000 wedding set here. Maybe I am thinking to high but, you did great.

If I had any comments it would be this;

Of all the pictures I like the Ceremony #19 the most.

I would have not shown #29 and just kept #30. They appear the same pic.
    If I had any comment it would be only show the best of the best up to the amount you are obligated to provide. You had a few in that were marginal keepers and I bet you wanted to give all you could so you put them in any way.
    The before and after pictures were framed very nicely. I could tell you were pressed and crowded in the ceremony, maybe that is always the nature of it at small weddings. It looks like in that situation the crop tool would be your friend.

Overall I think you did great.

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by HDNitehawk View Post
    Denise, I am seeing a $2000 to $3000 wedding set here. Maybe I am thinking to high but, you did great.

If I had any comments it would be this;

Of all the pictures I like the Ceremony #19 the most.

I would have not shown #29 and just kept #30. They appear the same pic.
    If I had any comment it would be only show the best of the best up to the amount you are obligated to provide. You had a few in that were marginal keepers and I bet you wanted to give all you could so you put them in any way.
    The before and after pictures were framed very nicely. I could tell you were pressed and crowded in the ceremony, maybe that is always the nature of it at small weddings. It looks like in that situation the crop tool would be your friend.

Overall I think you did great.

Rick
    Thanks, Rick! I deleted about 400 photos and I guess I got scared and felt like I wasn't leaving enough and stopped deleting. I left the rest up to the b&g which ones they wanted deleted from there and they only had me delete about five of them. I could have went on and on deleting because I think there are a number of them that should be gone. I have no idea approximately how many I should have walked away with that were good and felt I was coming up very short.

Some of the photos do look the same but basically it is an ordering thing. So, they wouldn't have to do much cropping if they wanted a different size print.

So of all galleries, you like the one of the flower girl dropping the rose petal on the floor the most? Maybe her parents will buy a copy! I sure am hoping I make a few print sales!

I think you had plenty for them. They got a bargain.

So, do you have your next wedding lined up yet

Denise,
    I do not really have any critique because you did an excellent job here. You did a great job controlling the light especially at the lake with the sun shinning towards their faces. I am sure you will get some print sales from this. You did a good job presenting some different PP to show them what options there are. I also deliver several of each pose. Often they like one but prefer their expression in another. This allows me to copy an expression and paste it in the image they prefer.
    I look forward to viewing your next wedding.
    Mark

I was wondering, what is an approximate amount of time a photographer should spend after the wedding to final delivery of DVD and online presentation? I took slightly over a week and then they didn't look at them for weeks later. If I would have spent more time, I could have delivered a better final batch of photos but I didn't want it to seem like I was taking too long. When I got home and saw I had 900some photos to go through, I thought it would take me forever so I rushed through many of them.

Quote Originally Posted by clemmb View Post
    Denise,
    I do not really have any critique because you did an excellent job here. You did a great job controlling the light especially at the lake with the sun shinning towards their faces. I am sure you will get some print sales from this. You did a good job presenting some different PP to show them what options there are. I also deliver several of each pose. Often they like one but prefer their expression in another. This allows me to copy an expression and paste it in the image they prefer.
    I look forward to viewing your next wedding.
    Thanks, Mark! I did have a perfect shady area picked out days in advance but we would have had to walk down a ways and literally every second counted to get back to the venue within minutes. The sun was quite the pp challenge believe me!

Denise, I agree with previous posts, they a got a super deal. There are so many great images in the gallery I can't pick a favorite but in general I love the ones where you let your creative flair show in the post processing. You did great especially considering it was the first one....good work....hope you sell some prints and get more gigs!

Agree with the others Denise....great set. Several "money" shots......

Denise, great job.

Sounds like things went fairly smoothly.

This experience hones your skills and allows you to be more prepared for the next one.

It might be that you encounter Bridezilla! Or, worse, the wedding "nazi" coordinator. But, stay cool, no matter what.