Hello all!

I do not know if this is of any interest at all to this forum - however - I have a question about the reducing the camera mirror-vibration, to some degree by using the silent shooting mode?

A note from my absolut first shootings yesterday with the new 5D MK III, with the silent mood of the shutter activated, was a nice surprise to me.

I do not know, if this has some real benefit in order to make the moment of actuation of the shutter not only more quiet but I noticed, that when the shutter moves a bit slower inside the camera, it was to me like a bit of shooting with the mirror locked up, but only to a degree?
So would the more softer/slower "slap" of the mirror movement, make the whole set-up of the camera more "stable", and even reduce the overall camera shaking/movement at the moment of exposure, when you need to keep your camera as stable as possible, even when you are using IS?
I am wonder if maybe this silent mode operation could reduce the camera shake, and by that even give some help to the IS in lens function I (if the lens has that)?

Have someone here noticed this in your transition from MK II to MK III?

Greetings from Europe and Sweden to you all!

C

PS. Sorry for my weird and poor use of the English language - because I am not a native English speaker.