Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thinking about getting a bigger monitor.

Quote Originally Posted by andnowimbroke View Post
    Have you done the two-monitor setup yet to remove some of the junk. It's a cheaper route to going super big, but at the cost of a little bit of desk space.
    I agree. Two monitor pros:
    - For the same price, you will get more quality in a 24" monitor than in a 30".
    - Greater visible surface. You can put all the PS panels in one monitor and the picture in the other.
    - If you are going to edit video, the timeline can be as wide as the two monitors.

Cons:
    - At least in a not so new Mac pro, you will need two graphics cards if you want to hace the two monitor properly calibrated. Even with a two outputs card and although the system can manage two different color profiles, I think isn't possible to calibrate two monitors with only one card. Nevertheless, you can calibrate the monitor for the pictures.
    - Your mouse cursor must move very fast to travel from one monitor to the other.
    - You will need a big desk.

I've never work with a Dell monitor. I had previously a Toshiba and now one LaCie and one Eizo, the better by far.

I'm curious how you'll like it. I've heard the Dells are great for images, but something about the anti-glare coating makes reading a lot of text painful.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidEccleston View Post
    I'm curious how you'll like it. I've heard the Dells are great for images, but something about the anti-glare coating makes reading a lot of text painful.
    I had a 24" of the same make (panel wise, and ultrasharp line) and it was never bad for reading text. I should know since I had it during medical school. As far as images go. Using the sRGB color mode on the monitor and setting your computer color manager to the same, pictures I print out look just as they do on the monitor. (Though every now and again, I print from a "deal" site that "autocorrects" my images without letting me know about it and those always have too much contrast/saturation.)

I'm sure it will be great. It should get here tomorrow, and I will let everyone know.
    5D mark III, 50D, 17-40 f4L, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4L ​IS, 28 f1.8, 50 f1.8, 85 f1.8, 100 f2.8 Macro

Its here, and its....

GLORIOUS!
    5D mark III, 50D, 17-40 f4L, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4L ​IS, 28 f1.8, 50 f1.8, 85 f1.8, 100 f2.8 Macro

Merry christmas! :d