Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Post Your Best Pictures of 2012

Great shots everyone. I've really enjoyed going through this thread!

Such a wonderful variety of amazing images...2012 was a good year no doubt. These are some of the ones I had fun making in 2012...

Sunset about 10 min from home
    [img]Prairie Oaks, ver 2.0 [Explored] by ernogy, on Flickr[/img]

Can't believe I stayed dry taking this one
    [img]
    Explode - - - Rodeo Beach, California by ernogy, on Flickr[/img]

An amazing tree in Portland, Oregon
    [img]
    Branching Out by ernogy, on Flickr[/img]

A rare square comp (rare for me)
    [img]
    Blue in Green by ernogy, on Flickr[/img]

First time finally stopping by this place
    [img]Tidefalls - - - Big Sur, California by ernogy, on Flickr[/img]

If all sunsets could be like this
    [img]
    Three Oak Knoll by ernogy, on Flickr[/img]

Great set Erno, you grabbed some beauties last year.
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Steve U View Post
    Great set Erno, you grabbed some beauties last year.
    +2

Was wondering where to go w/ my daughter this summer on our photo safari tradition - I think Erno put the dart on the map for me.
    If you see me with a wrench, call 911

Not all of these are from 2012, but this is the year that I've really taken my hobby to the next level and invested in some good gear and spent time learning how to post process, which I learned is what sets a good photo apart from a great one that really grabs your attention. Six months from now I'm sure I'll look at my shots and see what I could have done better, but these are the ones I am proud of right now.

Colombia by Poik242, on Flickr

Anni & Rissa by Poik242, on Flickr

Music by the fire by Poik242, on Flickr

Clay fence by Poik242, on Flickr

Home by Poik242, on Flickr

Looking up by Poik242, on Flickr

Globen by Poik242, on Flickr

Klätterlabbet at night by Poik242, on Flickr

Sören sleeping on the bed by Poik242, on Flickr

Meteor over Priest Lake by Poik242, on Flickr
    - Eric
    Canon 7D, 70-200 f/2.8 II, 17-55 f/2.8, 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5, 100mm f/2.8 Macro, 50mm f/1.8 II, 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6, 2x III, 430EX II
    flickr.com/ericolsson

Wow, this thread is a good inspiration to stop buying lenses and bodies and films, and actually go out and shoot using the ones that i've got (and more importantly, processing the ones I've taken ages ago).

Anyway, just going through shots of the last few months that I haven't done anything with lately, came across these ones which I may or may not have shared already:

7D, 100mm f/2.0, some combination of Tubes, 430EX on-camera and bounced off all the shininess of my bathroom where I found this guy.

And some from a gig of my missus' band:

7D, 100mm f/2.0, and a $3.82 Star Filter (I'm such a pro)

7D, Zeiss Sonnar 180 f/2.8

More later probably when I find them...
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.
    Gear Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Poik View Post
    Six months from now I'm sure I'll look at my shots and see what I could have done better, but these are the ones I am proud of right now.
    There is a lot of truth to that statement. Every year I have my favorites, but the next year when I go back to look at them compared to what I am currently shooting... they just look bad. I am hoping it is growth.

One of these days I need to invest in PhotoShop and learn how to post process better. Slowly I am getting better (or at least becoming blind to my own inadequacies).

Pat
    5DS R, 1D X, 7D, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6, 24mm f/1.4L II, 16-35mm f/4L IS, 24-105mm f/4L, 50mm f/1.8, 100mm Macro f/2.8L, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L, 580EX-II
    flickr

Quote Originally Posted by conropl View Post
    One of these days I need to invest in PhotoShop and learn how to post process better. Slowly I am getting better (or at least becoming blind to my own inadequacies).

Pat
    Judging from your serie on page 2, I guess we can agree that the former explanation is more accurate

OK, I do have to share this one too, taken on a recent Buck's Day, the main part of which was a busload of us going to various micro-breweries around Adelaide.

There are a few reason I am proud of this shot, even if it's not the most artistic.
    Shot on my EOS 3, Ilford Delta 100 Pro, and Cyclop 85mm f/1.5 (equivalent to a Helios but no aperture blades, ie stuck at f/1.5), taken from a Soviet Nightvision device.
    Firstly, EOS 3 with an EC-Civ screen, not the best way to focus something at f/1.5.
    ISO 100, indoors, handheld.
    For anyone who's never used a Cyclop, the focus spins as easily as the wheels on my new road bike.
    And not only did I nail the focus, right on the eyes, but this was one of the last breweries and I'd had waaaay too much to drink, I was so drunk that I didn't even remember taking this photo or even using this lens (the day started with my 40mm on my 3, and I woke up the next day with it on still).

So, not the best artically, but I'm proud of my Drinking Buck.
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.
    Gear Photos

Eric - that's a great collection, and you have a very creative eye. I'm especially jealous of that meteor shot. I'm looking forward to seeing what 2013 brings for you. Keep them coming!