View Poll Results: Which photo is your favorite?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • bgood

14 35.00%
  • thekingb

3 7.50%
  • M Six

8 20.00%
  • Kayaker72

4 10.00%
  • Steve U

11 27.50%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: #46 - Simplicity (Congrats bgood)

#46 - Simplicity (Congrats bgood)

On behalf of jrw the is assignment 46: Simplicity

Think about simplicity in composition, subject, or a photo that conveys the message/theme of simplicity. Whether that message might be 'Simpler times', 'Childlike Simplicity', or something else.

The following photos are selected as finalists:

Name: bgood
    Motivation: This is such a simple photo subject. Conveys so much. Before seeing the caption at the bottom it gave me the
    feeling of a simple strand of wire being part of a larger barrier. Amazing how a simple fence can mean so much.

Name: thekingb
    Motivation: A simple subject simply existing. Well captured. Like the effect of part submersion. Gives it that little bit extra.

Name: M Six
    Motivation: Really like the way that the fog ties everything together, yet still provides the mystery of the unseen.

Name: Kayaker72
    Motivation: The water droplets really do make this shot. Can almost feel the wet grass between my toes.

Name: Steve U
    Motivation: The breaking clouds with the reflection across the water providing the silhoutte do make this shot. The choice of B&W is a good call.

Good luck all! The poll will be opened for 3 days.
    Last edited by Sheiky; 01-13-2013 at 09:17 AM.

Hi, today the weather forecast said clear skies (after some unusually mild and rainy days) and that fit well with today's full moon. I looked up the time and direction for the moonrise and went down to the shoreline. My original idea was to frame only the moon and its reflection in the Baltic Sea, but in the end there were some rocks added to the picture. Still I think it counts as a quite simple composition. (I've spent some time trying to understand the mirage effects caused by refraction, but I still haven't figured it all out.)

Don't ask me why I took this shot, I was sitting in a take-away curry place waiting for food, and it probably had something to do with them taking too long and I was bored (and using up the last shots on my roll).

Anyway, you can't get much simpler than this (in a Campbells' Soup kind of way):
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.
    Gear Photos

I am not trying to make this too heavy, but simple seemed to be the perfect compositional tool to compliment the intense feelings I had when visiting this place. Let's hope we never repeat the events that occurred here.
    Auschwitz Fence by B_R_T, on Flickr

IMG_0076bw by clemmb60, on Flickr
    Mark

Nice photos guys, I think black and white is going to be very popular for this assignment.
    - Eric
    Canon 7D, 70-200 f/2.8 II, 17-55 f/2.8, 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5, 100mm f/2.8 Macro, 50mm f/1.8 II, 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6, 2x III, 430EX II
    flickr.com/ericolsson

Just a Simple Flower:

What I always liked about macro is the ability to take something simple like a flower, and look at the detail of a portion of it... and you see the flower completely differently. Here the petals provide the background color and the stamen becomes the center of attention... not what you would get with the quick glance of a flower.

Lilly-2863 by westmichigan, on Flickr
    5DS R, 1D X, 7D, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6, 24mm f/1.4L II, 16-35mm f/4L IS, 24-105mm f/4L, 50mm f/1.8, 100mm Macro f/2.8L, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L, 580EX-II
    flickr

Not that great, but something about this shot relaxes me.

Paddle Boats and Canoes by Dave9072, on Flickr

Really spectacular photos submitted already!! I had a tough time deciding which one to enter but last night I came across a file of photos from this spring that I never even looked at or did anything with. This one I really like because usually when I take shots of the dogs in the backyard there are so many distractions in the photo ...fence, bushes, flowers or the other dogs. I like how this one is just Lucky, the grass and sunshine!

Simplicity by Denise Trocio ( www.dtrociophotography.com), on Flickr

My entry .... my golf ball in a bunker on The Old Course at St. Andrews, Scotland .... it was so simple to hit it in there and not so simple to hit it out