Thread: Bow Lake, Alberta, Canada

Bow Lake, Alberta, Canada

This shot was taken about 4 years ago with my first digital camera (Canon Ixus 5MP). To me it proves that first comes the photography and second equipment.

Happy new year!

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.22.86/Bow-Lake_2C00_-Alberta.jpg[/img]

Re: Bow Lake, Alberta, Canada

I like it. I love the white colors :-)

I really like how the hikers are right below the trees. It makes for a very nice composition. Good work.

Happy New Year to you also!

Wow - what a beautiful place. I love the mountains, the deep snow, the white base for the photo and the hikers add a lot to it.

My eye would like to see a little higher into the mountains - I of course don't know what is there, but framing the shot a little higher might be an improvement. Also, if you were able to catch the hikers about a third of the way into the frame, it might have been an imporvement.

Still, very nice shot.

I like your suggestions, Bryan. I like using space in thirds to convey movement and direction, but I also think in this case having the hikers in the center of the frame almost conveys the greatness of the expanse, or maybe the emptiness of the landscape around them. Getting more of the mountains would be a good improvement.

Great photograph. Makes you feel small. I wonder what it would look like if the trees above the hikers were cloned (i.e. similar to the area on the left with less trees)? Empty space above them might make their size more dramatic.