Thread: Which UK Photographic Retailer Do You Prefer?

Which UK Photographic Retailer Do You Prefer?

This post is directed to our UK members (or those who shop from UK online stores):

With Jessops closing its doors, TDP is looking to partner with a popular, well-established UK photographic retailer with a solid reputation and competitive prices.

In short, which UK photographic retailers do you prefer to do business with and why?

Sean Setters
    TDP Staff

I'll miss Jessops.

For online purchases, I recommend Wex Photographic (formerly known as Warehouse Express). They have a comprehensive range and a good reputation. Prices are fairly competitive for popular items and if you're on their mailing list you'll get special offers regularly.

When I was in the UK, I frequented Calumet Photo. They seemed to have some nice stores with alot of stock on-hand as well as good staff. They also put off photo clinics and seminars for learning fairly often. I actually still get their email newsletter....

Stephen

Calumet is in the US too. I've stopped by there a few times to look at things my local camera store doesn't carry and have a bought a few things from them.

Dave

How do you guys think of DigitalRev? (afaik they started in the UK)
    I've never bought from them, but I used them to check prices regularly in quid, and I've heard a lot of people use them. Now they've branched to Australia too (with prices in local currency and local shipping rates too), so for me, if they're worth partnering with, then they might even beat B&H for aussie-ordering once shipping and warranty is taken into account...
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.
    Gear Photos

ps, wow.
    I just thought I'd check the digitalrev website while i had it open, they've got a 'Today Only' deal on a 5D mk3 for AU$3100 (which is US$3274, cf B&H for US$3500).

Man, if I didn't have a mortgage to pay...
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.
    Gear Photos

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I have a list going. ;-)

Calumet for me too, staff have a photographic background and not just sales staff or weekend college students.
    I aint a pro