Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CS6 Installation Help

I hope you've managed to get it working by now, but if not...
    have you used the CS Cleaner tool already? http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suit...-problems.html
    I had problems installing new versions before and the tool did the trick for me.

As far as W8 is concerned. I live in quite a geeky environment where a lot of people have adviced against W8 to me, because of the interface, but I had some problems a few weeks ago and I decided to give it a try.
    I have had an SSD in my system for a few years now, but still I noticed an increase in speed. As far as incompatibility is concerned...I haven't had any program that didn't work in W8 yet.

The interface sure looks different and it needs some time to get used to. I'm working 99% in the desktop mode as well, which is basically the same as W7 except for the start menu, however I do also like some of the metro features. For the teenage generation the W8 interface makes much more sense than the W7 interface. For my little sister(15) the W8 interface was much more logical and she knows her way around much better than I do, having grown up with DOS and older Windows version.

For the price it's definitely worth the upgrade IMO and if you can't get used to the W8 interface, there's always a plugin that creates the old W7 interface for you. The cheap upgrade prices are available until the end of January, so it might be wise to take a closer look while the cheap prices last. I heard they are drastically changing in February.

Good luck with the install!

Edit: as far as incompatibility problems are concerned. I'm pretty sure you'll have more problems with your plugins going from CS5 to CS6 than switching your windows version Unfortunately for me one of my favorite plugins (Alien Skin exposure 3) didn't work on CS6.
    Last edited by Sheiky; 01-20-2013 at 01:20 PM.

Have you uninstalled yet. If so try installing CS6, and see what happens, as i said i had a bucket load of errors, restarted pc tried PS and it worked no problems. I wouldnt reinstall win7 as everything else is working fine.
    I aint a pro

Quote Originally Posted by Sheiky View Post
    I hope you've managed to get it working by now, but if not...
    have you used the CS Cleaner tool already? http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suit...-problems.html
    I had problems installing new versions before and the tool did the trick for me.

As far as W8 is concerned. I live in quite a geeky environment where a lot of people have adviced against W8 to me, because of the interface, but I had some problems a few weeks ago and I decided to give it a try.
    I have had an SSD in my system for a few years now, but still I noticed an increase in speed. As far as incompatibility is concerned...I haven't had any program that didn't work in W8 yet.

The interface sure looks different and it needs some time to get used to. I'm working 99% in the desktop mode as well, which is basically the same as W7 except for the start menu, however I do also like some of the metro features. For the teenage generation the W8 interface makes much more sense than the W7 interface. For my little sister(15) the W8 interface was much more logical and she knows her way around much better than I do, having grown up with DOS and older Windows version.

For the price it's definitely worth the upgrade IMO and if you can't get used to the W8 interface, there's always a plugin that creates the old W7 interface for you. The cheap upgrade prices are available until the end of January, so it might be wise to take a closer look while the cheap prices last. I heard they are drastically changing in February.

Good luck with the install!

Edit: as far as incompatibility problems are concerned. I'm pretty sure you'll have more problems with your plugins going from CS5 to CS6 than switching your windows version Unfortunately for me one of my favorite plugins (Alien Skin exposure 3) didn't work on CS6.
    I am still on the fence with deciding on 7 or 8. I did use the cleaner tool but it didn't really get rid of anything. There is something from CS5 that is still hanging in my computer that I can't seem to delete.

I guess I never even thought about whether all of my plug-ins (NIK & OnOne) would work with CS6! I sure hope they do ...if I ever get it installed!

EDIT: Being a student, my daughter can get 7 and/or 8 for free so the update wouldn't cost anything

Quote Originally Posted by kingscurate View Post
    Have you uninstalled yet. If so try installing CS6, and see what happens, as i said i had a bucket load of errors, restarted pc tried PS and it worked no problems. I wouldnt reinstall win7 as everything else is working fine.
    I have uninstalled everything that I can from CS5 and CS6 and still can't get either one installed correctly so onto the complete clean-out and see if that helps. I have a ton of photos on my HD that we are getting off now. After I install Windows 7 Pro (or 8) CS6 will be the first thing I attempt to reinstall and see how it goes!

Wish me luck!!

Good luck. If you do go for 8, I'd like to hear your experience with it. I've had a copy sitting on my desk since November that I can't decided whether to install or not.

Good luck Denise!