Thread: Importing ICC profiles on iMac

Importing ICC profiles on iMac

I am a recent convert from PC to mac and I have a problem getting adjusted to the new environment. To be honest, I´m not sure this was a good decision, but I´ll do my best to make it work.

Currently I struggle with importing ICC profiles for my new (and excellent) Canon Pro-1 printer, for use with Lightroom 4. I know that I am supposed to store the profile files in the /library/Printers/Canon/BJPrinter/Resources/ICCProfiles structure. But I am not able to locate that structure and thus unable to store the profiles anywhere.

I´m sure a lot of you guys out there are experts and I would become a very happy man if you could share the secret(s).

Thanks
    Eldar

Look at this little instruction.....

http://www.redrivercatalog.com/profi..._profiles.html

There are two (at least) library folders. System wide ones, and user specific ones. The user specific one sits on your home folder, and is hidden. I recommend you put the profiles in the system wide folder (in case you have more that one user on the Mac, because then all users can use the profiles).
    Open a Finder window, and press command and the up-arrow until you see Applications, Library, System, Users. The go to Library - ColorSync - Profiles, and copy your profiles in there.

There is another folder in System/Library/ColorSync/Profiles. That one would work too.

If you need to access the folder inside your user home folder (for example because the software has placed profiles there), just open the menu "Go" and hold the alt (option) key pressed, and you can select the Library folder in the menu. The folder will magically show up in the Finder window.

Hope that helps.

btw another recommended setting: Go to Finder - Preferences, Advanced Tab and select "Show all filename extensions". I prefer to see what is a jpg vs tiff vs .doc
    Arnt

Thanks guys, but I am not where I wanted to be yet.
    First it turned out that, because I have a Norwegian bought iMac, Apple had swapped the word Library in the directory tree with the Norwegian word for it (Bibliotek). So far so good. The OS apparently reads Library and Bibliotek as the same word. Don´t ask me why and how. everything else is in english ...
    I found the directories you list Arnt, but then I got a new problem.
    I imported an ICC profile from Canson, for their Baryta photographique paper. I opened it and it looked good to me. I then tried to save it in both the specified .../Profiles directories. But then I´m told that the file cannot be saved as CIFA_pixmapro1_baryta310.icc. I have tried other names, but ends up with the same message.

What am I doing wrong here???

Previous tread cont. ....

I then saved it to desktop, which worked. I then tried to just move it to the ../Profiles directory and was told that it could not be moved, because it could not be changed (don´t ask me why). It also gave me an Approve and a Cancel button to choose from . I pushed Approve, without knowing what I actually approved, and got a prompt for my admin password, which was a surprise to me, and ... voila ... the profile was saved in the right place. I don´t have a clue what I did, but it worked.