Hey everyone,

Calling all users of this lens or the 35 1.4L!

I am currently using a FF setup with the 5DIII and am considering a new purchase for a low key walk-around. I have been using the 50 1.8II for some time now and it has been a great lens. I have found that the AF speed (and noise) are lacking over the course of my use of it. I have not felt it was not sharp enough or that it lacked contrast. I DO feel like it is too tight at times.

Example. This lens would primarily be the one I put on before a family get together, friendly party(because family get togethers are not always friendly), walking around at the park etc. I have a 24-70 2.8 and it has been great when I am out shooting landscapes or if it is a wedding etc, but I don't always need the flexibility or the weight/size of a zoom. I feel like a 35mm will fit the bill.

The question is, which one? Have any of you had your hands on the both of them and can give a shout out of your opinion? I've read Bryan's reviews about both, but the more input the better. Personally, I would consider trading the IS for 1 stop of light just about equivocal based on what my uses will be, but let me hear your thoughts. Especially on the f2 IS and please post example images if you have them.

Thanks in advance,

Dave.