Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Samyang Tilt-Shift 24 mm f/3.5

30 degree bend? Yikes. They said it was "Part 1" of the tests (since they don't do reviews). But Roger's tests and impressions definitely lessened my interest int he lens. As Mark is pointing out, $1,000 isn't "throw away" money...at least not for me. So build quality is a concern. Optically it seems good, which is about what I expected.

I am still interested to read other reviews as they come out. We'll see.

FYI - We have a Samyang 24 Tilt-Shift in house right now. I did some outdoor comparison shots with it over the weekend and can tell you that the Canon is very "clear"ly the better lens from an image quality perspective. The price difference is of course similarly obvious. The lens is going through the lab right now - we'll get the results on the site as soon as possible.

Woo, now that's service!
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.
    Gear Photos

Hmm, after seeing the image comparisons, I think I'll save a bit longer and get the Canon. I like low light shooting, so I'll need the wider apertures.
    Mark - Flickr

Thanks for the comparison shots, the Samyang doesn't look bad at f/8, but the 24L just looks better.
    For my money? hmmm. I'll have to wait until a Canon falls off the back of a truck (in a padded box, of course)

(ps, typo, you called it 'Samsung' in one sentence)
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.
    Gear Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Carnathan View Post
    FYI - We have a Samyang 24 Tilt-Shift in house right now. I did some outdoor comparison shots with it over the weekend and can tell you that the Canon is very "clear"ly the better lens from an image quality perspective. The price difference is of course similarly obvious. The lens is going through the lab right now - we'll get the results on the site as soon as possible.
    Great, so you're on top of it already :-)

Now, even if you don't do a full review, do you think you could write a couple of words regarding your take on the build quality?

PS: You wrote "Samsung" on the review page once, too :-)

Thanks for the typo notices! I'll correct that.