Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where's Wally

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Where's Wally

Hi Everyone

As some of you might have noticed I have not been active over the last three months on TDP and Flickr. Over the last three weeks some of you at TDP have contacted me to see "Where's Wally", and I explained the reason.

Over the years with TDP I have made many friends and I believe I owe you an explanation.
    Well I have terminal cancer which has slowed me down so much so that I have not been well enough to be posting photos and to comment as the usual super critical judge of your photos....LOL.

Well folks that's enough about me. Keep the photos and discussion going and I catch up with you all very soon.

Regards "bouwy" Wally Bouw
    PS, a snap shot I took of my grand daughter dreaming away.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4321liesewsxsbw2 (2).jpg 
Views:	405 
Size:	123.6 KB 
ID:	1678
    Wally Bouw Flickr Vimeo

Thank you for posting this Wally, I have known about your health battle for the last 7 months and this despicable disease has proven again that it doesn't discriminate and can bring down the best of people.
    Wish you all the best mate and my thoughts are with you and your beautiful wife Helen.
    Hope to see your ugly scrunched up face and funny red and white hat soon.
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Wally,

My heart just sank. Thank you for sharing. Like others, I've noticed that you haven't posted recently. But I assumed you were just busy. Now, I truly wish that had been the case. A thread that I think binds people that enjoy photography is an appreciation for the beauty around us. I've been happy to have a window in the beauty you have shared. I have enjoyed our interaction, even the super critical comments, on flickr and hope that you can continue to the best of your ability. Thinking of you and your family....Brant

Wally,

I too have known about your illness prior to reading this post this morning. We are a tight community here a TDP and when one of us doesn't show up for awhile, it creates such a void. I want to thank you and Helen again for letting me know how you are doing. It puts a smile on my face every morning when I go on facebook and see you were able to post a new photo of one of your grandchildren! I so much enjoy seeing them!!

You and your family continue to be in my thoughts and prayers ...

Denise

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725 View Post
    Wally,

You and your family continue to be in my thoughts and prayers ...

Denise
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Eade View Post
    +1
    +2, I'm so sorry to hear that Wally. Best wishes to you.

Dave

Wally,

I am very saddened to hear your terrible news. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Bryan

I never know what to say. Very sad news, Wally.

I'm really crushed to hear this. I do hope you are able to find some comfort in the presence of your family, which I have no doubt is your greatest treasure of all. Peace to you.

Gees Wally that's terrible mate, I'm a bit blown away. I'm never really the best person in these situations but all I can say is I hope the time you have with your loved ones is amazing and that you leave no stone unturned in living your life to the full. Look after yourself mate.

Ben
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ben_taylor_au/ www.methodicallymuddled.wordpress.com
    Canon 5D Mark III | Canon 5D Mark II | Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Canon 35mm f/1.4L USM | Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM |Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II |Canon 2 x Teleconverter III | Canon 580 EX II Speedlite | Really Right Stuff TVC 34L | Really Right Stuff BH55 LR | Gorillapod Focus | Really Right Stuff BH 30