Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Why are my photos showing a green tinge after I upload them?

Denise, I am not seeing any green and I have been looking closely. My monitor is calibrated and so is my eyes. If I use my imagination I do see a hint of green in the shadows in the last shot posted. Great shots by the way! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by DavidWare View Post
    No congratulations on a 50th post? How rude :P
    David, you are very prolific, congrats.
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725 View Post
    were showing a strong green tinge on them in the darker areas of the photo.
    Hey Denise, the images look fine here, no greenyness. The one thing I would suggest is that you check your color management and make sure that they match what you are attempting to display/print in. I know that my computer originally tried to suggest a specific color profile and I wanted the sRGB one, as that is what most printers I would use are calibrated to. Are you using a Windows computer?

If so follow the following. Click on the windows icon in the lower left corner and in the search panel type "color management" and click on the matching query result.

Then you should see a tab that says "advanced" on the far right side of the color management panel. The first select able area should be the "device profile" and this should read sRGB IEC61966. If it doesn't say this, make the change using the down arrow on the select able field. This is all assuming you are using sRGB color profile in your camera (which you most likely are).

There should be a button at the bottom that asks for you to change the "system defaults" clicking it will bring up a similar looking window to before, follow the same steps in assuring your color profile matches.

Following this you should not see any more green.

.... unless its green when you shot it... Like grass, thats still alive. Or maybe new money (American Dollars [to be culturally sensitive]).

Dave.
    5D mark III, 50D, 17-40 f4L, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4L ​IS, 28 f1.8, 50 f1.8, 85 f1.8, 100 f2.8 Macro

No green here Denise. I bet it is your computer and browser as others suggested.
    The second example is a bit oversaturated and seems to the warm side, but no green.

Thanks for looking, Johnny! Well, I emailed a side by side comparison to Steve and he can at least vouch for me that I'm not going crazy! At least on this issue anyway, LOL!

What are you viewing the photos in (Program(s))? What color space are you working in? What color depth is your monitor set to? What monitor? What OS? Have you tried it on any other device at home? I too see no green tinging.

I know sometimes flickr or especially Facebook will mess with the quality of photos when it resizes/compresses the photo but in all of your examples they look fine to me.
    --

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Johnston View Post
    Hey Denise, the images look fine here, no greenyness. The one thing I would suggest is that you check your color management and make sure that they match what you are attempting to display/print in. I know that my computer originally tried to suggest a specific color profile and I wanted the sRGB one, as that is what most printers I would use are calibrated to. Are you using a Windows computer?

If so follow the following. Click on the windows icon in the lower left corner and in the search panel type "color management" and click on the matching query result.

Then you should see a tab that says "advanced" on the far right side of the color management panel. The first select able area should be the "device profile" and this should read sRGB IEC61966. If it doesn't say this, make the change using the down arrow on the select able field. This is all assuming you are using sRGB color profile in your camera (which you most likely are).

There should be a button at the bottom that asks for you to change the "system defaults" clicking it will bring up a similar looking window to before, follow the same steps in assuring your color profile matches.

Following this you should not see any more green.

.... unless its green when you shot it... Like grass, thats still alive. Or maybe new money (American Dollars [to be culturally sensitive]).

Dave.
    Thanks, Dave! I did the check that you suggested and yep, it is set to sRGB IEC61966-2.1 which is the same thing that shows for my setting in the bottom middle of the screen in Camera RAW 7.3.

Also, I don't think it is just a green issue. In this photo below, after uploading I see absolutely no detail in his tail like I do before the upload and shades of reddish tinge in his upper back leg after the upload which I don't see prior to the upload.

So, can it be a Chrome issue? If so, I am going back to IE.

Abominable Snow Puppy by Denise Trocio ( www.dtrociophotography.com), on Flickr

Limited detail in the tail here. I see a reddish tinge on the back leg but doesn't look abnormal. I see the green now on his tags.
    You still have IE on your computer? If you do it is just a mouse click away to check.

Quote Originally Posted by Photog82 View Post
    What are you viewing the photos in (Program(s))? What color space are you working in? What color depth is your monitor set to? What monitor? What OS? Have you tried it on any other device at home? I too see no green tinging.

I know sometimes flickr or especially Facebook will mess with the quality of photos when it resizes/compresses the photo but in all of your examples they look fine to me.
    Good morning James -

The only things that have changed since my daughter built my new computer is of course everything in the computer itself and I have gone from CS5 to CS6 which I don't recall what settings I had for CS5 when everything was fine. I use Windows 7 still, I have gone from IE to Chrome. I have viewed my photos in ZoomBrowser, Camera RAW and CS6 and they look great. My monitor and settings for it haven't changed any.

Quote Originally Posted by HDNitehawk View Post
    Limited detail in the tail here. I see a reddish tinge on the back leg but doesn't look abnormal. I see the green now on his tags.
    You still have IE on your computer? If you do it is just a mouse click away to check.
    HA! Chrome is the problem! I viewed my flickr photos using IE and they look exactly like they do in ZoomBrowser and Camera RAW before uploading! When I use Chrome, I see an entirely different photo!

So, for the ones that see no green or lose in detail issues ...are you using IE?