Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Why are my photos showing a green tinge after I upload them?

I'm going to research on this, but I do know that there's differences in how browsers display photos with a color profile attached to them. For the longest time IE would NOT display the photos correctly, then it was Firefox and then Chrome. Typically, Chrome and Firefox handle that better than IE. One thing you should also try, in each browser, open the JPG file from your local computer (file > Open > file.jpg) and compare them by alt-tabbing to quickly switch between each browser. What do you see?
    --

Is ZB color managed? I downloaded the first image you posted and looked at it in DPP, then compared it to the one in this post and the one at Flickr. I do not see any color difference at all. I does seem like the Flickr image is a tad softer but I did not look for sharpness. I am using IE10.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Rasmussen View Post
    Is ZB color managed? I downloaded the first image you posted and looked at it in DPP, then compared it to the one in this post and the one at Flickr. I do not see any color difference at all. I does seem like the Flickr image is a tad softer but I did not look for sharpness. I am using IE10.
    If you shoot me your email address Johnny, I can email you a side by side comparison of the photo uploaded to the web and one directly from my computer. I think then you would see a difference.

@James - Call me an idiot but I don't understand where I should be to do that comparison of browsers (file > Open > file.jpg)?

Quote Originally Posted by HDNitehawk View Post
    Limited detail in the tail here. I see a reddish tinge on the back leg but doesn't look abnormal. I see the green now on his tags.
    You still have IE on your computer? If you do it is just a mouse click away to check.
    In the online photo using Chrome, his tail looks like a big black blob to me. In IE, I can see almost every strand of hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Photog82 View Post
    I'm going to research on this, but I do know that there's differences in how browsers display photos with a color profile attached to them.
    I thought they would look the same if you attach an sRGB profile?

I't on its way Johnny! Thanks!!

Ok, this is what I see: When we talk about colors Chrome is displaying a green tint but IE is not. I think this is a Chrome 'thang'. I have looked at them in DPP, Photoshop and IE10. The dog picture looks almost the same. I see differences in sharpness but I think it is because Flickr let you choose between many different sizes and maybe they are not optimized? I resized the dog picture to 800pix in DPP and compared it to the Flickr version (800pix) and the Flickr version was actually sharper. I did not add output sharpening after resizing and that is why my DPP version was softer.

Yes, Denise there is a green tint! There is nothing wrong about your color vision! It is fully color managed!

Thanks for looking, Johnny! There are things I prefer in Chrome over IE but not enough to keep it if it is going to mess with the online viewing of photos. I assume it is not only changing what I see in my own photos but all photos.

That depends, my information could be out of date, but a couple of years ago I had that problem too, depending on whether or not I attached the color profile to the JPG while exporting from RAW. At the time too, browsers were not always displaying photos with color profiles attached.

For me personally, I edit and shoot in sRGB, and don't attach the color profile to the exported photos. When I view them in different browsers, programs they look the same and the print out great too (MPix.com). That may not work for everyone, but it does for me.
    --