Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Why are my photos showing a green tinge after I upload them?

Quote Originally Posted by Kayaker72 View Post
    I'd be curious if the green tinge shows up in a print. I could be wrong, but maybe this isn't a browser issue.
    What do you think it might be? I am stumped on the fact that viewing it on my daughters computer online there is no green and she uses Chrome. That makes me think it isn't a browser issue. Yet, when I change from Chrome (and Firefox) to IE the problem is gone for me.

I don't want to seem like I'm beating a dead issue here since I fixed the problem by going back to IE but I'm still trying to wrap my head around why the two other browsers don't work for me.

I know older versions of photoshop (older, like before the CS version numbering) used to install something to manage color that would affect other applications, not just their own. Perhaps they're still messing with people's systems these days. I know the Lightroom trial changed my CF reader settings to default to import into Lightroom instead of just opening up a file explorer. It never asked if it could. If they'll do that silently, then installing system wide color management, like they used to do, is a very real possibility.

Look for things that run at startup, or maybe even browser plugins. It think it used to be a startup thing, but it's been a decade.

Re: Why are my photos showing a green tinge after I upload them?

Adobe Gamma or some crap like that isn't it?
    Words get in the way of what I meant to say.

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725 View Post
    What do you think it might be? I am stumped on the fact that viewing it on my daughters computer online there is no green and she uses Chrome. That makes me think it isn't a browser issue. Yet, when I change from Chrome (and Firefox) to IE the problem is gone for me.

I don't want to seem like I'm beating a dead issue here since I fixed the problem by going back to IE but I'm still trying to wrap my head around why the two other browsers don't work for me.
    Denise...I am more working using a process of elimination. I wish I could be of more help, but others here understand color palettes, etc much better than I do.