Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Why are my photos showing a green tinge after I upload them?

Chrome became color managed in the fall, and Firefox has been color managed for years. Safari is apparently color managed too (but not on mobile). If the colors are appearing wrong in Chrome, it may be appearing wrong to millions of people. Perhaps the profile in the image is wrong, or there's a bug in Chrome (and if you think the problem is Chrome, it has a 'report a bug button'. Go to a greenish public Flickr image (public so Google can find it and determine the issue), and file a bug.)

Check in Firefox.
    If Firefox also shows green, it's the profile.
    If Firefox is not green, it's a Chrome bug (report it, and it'll be fixed).
    If the profile is broken, or Chrome is broken, then I'd suggest not embedding a profile for now, rather than switching it IE. Switching yourself to IE solves it for you, but not the majority of users.

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725 View Post
    HA! Chrome is the problem! I viewed my flickr photos using IE and they look exactly like they do in ZoomBrowser and Camera RAW before uploading! When I use Chrome, I see an entirely different photo!

So, for the ones that see no green or lose in detail issues ...are you using IE?

Yes I am

Quote Originally Posted by Photog82 View Post
    That depends, my information could be out of date, but a couple of years ago I had that problem too, depending on whether or not I attached the color profile to the JPG while exporting from RAW. At the time too, browsers were not always displaying photos with color profiles attached.

For me personally, I edit and shoot in sRGB, and don't attach the color profile to the exported photos. When I view them in different browsers, programs they look the same and the print out great too (MPix.com). That may not work for everyone, but it does for me.
    How do I not attach my color profile before uploading?

Denise would you mind sending me the photo as well? You might still have my email adress and if not you can directly mail me through this site.
    Thing is that I mentioned differences while in Lightroom/CS6 and on Flickr as well for my latest upload. Not sure if it's really there, or just me. I'm using Firefox by the way.

In CS5, which I'll assume is just about the same as CS6, there's a checkbox in the save dialog, labelled "ICC Profile: [name of profile]". Uncheck it, and everything in the world should assume it's sRGB, which is the same as unmanaged, so it should look identical everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheiky View Post
    Denise would you mind sending me the photo as well? You might still have my email adress and if not you can directly mail me through this site.
    Thing is that I mentioned differences while in Lightroom/CS6 and on Flickr as well for my latest upload. Not sure if it's really there, or just me. I'm using Firefox by the way.
    Sorry, I was away from my computer for a bit. I just emailed them to you, Jan.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidEccleston View Post
    In CS5, which I'll assume is just about the same as CS6, there's a checkbox in the save dialog, labelled "ICC Profile: [name of profile]". Uncheck it, and everything in the world should assume it's sRGB, which is the same as unmanaged, so it should look identical everywhere.
    I tried it with the ICC Profile unchecked and it didn't make a difference in the uploaded photo.

I also just tried uploading to flickr through Bridge and then using Flickr's direct upload program and neither made a difference.

Sorry, I was away from my computer for a bit. I just emailed them to you, Jan.
    Just viewed them.
    First conclusion: I'm definitely colorblindNo doubt about that, because I fail to see any hint of green in that booty.
    Second conclusion: I may not see colordifferences, but there are a lot more things going on in the photo than just a colordifference. The contrast is really different in both images. Which probably explains the lack of detail in Sammy's? tail for you. The jpeg does look exactly the same as the image I see in Firefox, so that would suggest that Firefox shows the images as they are supposed to be.

Edit: oh and I do also notice a different color overall. The snow for example has different colors in both shots. Might also be the result of changed contrast.
    Last edited by Sheiky; 02-05-2013 at 05:51 PM.

Thanks for taking a look, Jan!

I do like Chrome, seems to operate smoother and faster than IE. I guess I am back to having to decide whether to keep Chrome since everyone else appears to see my photos ok, meaning it matches what I see on my screen before uploading or switching back to IE so I can view them as they truly are.

Thanks for taking a look, Jan!

I do like Chrome, seems to operate smoother and faster than IE. I guess I am back to having to decide whether to keep Chrome since everyone else appears to see my photos ok, meaning it matches what I see on my screen before uploading or switching back to IE so I can view them as they truly are.
    Just getting on the computer and reading the thread. I use Firefox. I compared your image above in IE and Firefox. I see more detail in Firefox and it looks sharper. I removed Chrome from my computer. I did not like it when I tried it and it did not seem any faster. I do have a couple of websites that just do not work right unless I am in IE. I guess they were optimized for IE.
    I noticed on your Flicker I can no longer see ExIF data. I understand why you may block that info but I love to see how people shot things and what equipment they used.
    Mark