Thread: 5D Mark III

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jrw View Post
    I had to debate on keeping a 7D body when I went from using 5D2's and 7D's. After selling one of each to get my first 5D3 body I spent some time evaluating the three bodies. The superior AF at 6fps gave more critically focused action type shots than the 7D's 8fps. The image quality and low light ability is superior to the 7D. The loss of the crop factor is what is sometimes missed from the 7D. If the type of shots you like to take now are making good use of the crop factor to get more pixels on the subject then I would say to have both. If you would benefit more from the wider angles of your lenses then the FF may be the better single body to have. It is always nice to have a backup, or second body with lens already attached, at an event or almost any other photo taking opportunity. One nicety of having both is that the batteries are the same which is a great convenience.
    My shooting is all over the place. I love shooting candid shots, landscape, action, portraits; you name it, I'll try shooting it. I have always shot a cropped sensor camera starting with the Digital Rebel then moving to the 7D. I may end up keeping the 7D if I can not sell it, and find a way to move to the 5D3.
    Last edited by Rogue; 02-09-2013 at 02:35 AM. Reason: Fix my typing.
    EOS R5 and EOS R with RF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM lens, EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM, EF 85mm f/1.8 USM, EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM, Extender EF 2x III, EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM, EF 50mm f/1.8 STM, EF 35mm f/1.2 IS USM, RF 35mm f/1.8 Macro IS STM, GORUCK GR-1 with TrekPak insert