Thread: 1D series question

1D series question

I understand that some some or all of the 1D series have the ability to not only move the autofocus points but that these peripheral points then can also be used for metering. Thus moving the metering off center to peripherally selected areas.

Question: If this is correct is this a function that has to be set up in a menu or does it automatically follow the AF selection?

And how does this function with the many AF point/group selection options?

Also is there the ability to use the metering options (Evaluative/partial/center weighted/spot) on these points?

Thanks

Re: 1D series question

Custom function in the menu if you want the af point to be linked to metering. The FEL button is pressed if you want to activate multiple exposure points.
    Words get in the way of what I meant to say.

1D series question

Spot metering can be linked to the selected AF point with a C.Fn on a 1-series body. Partial and center-weighted aren't linked to AF point, and evaluative is 'weighted' toward the selected AF point on all bodies.

On my 1D3, I can do spot metering (wherever the AF point is) and multi-spot metering (move the point, hit a button, move the point, hit a button, up to 8 times, and it'll use those 8 points for spot metering). That doesn't mean I can remember what button to push. Check the owners manual for various 1D bodies for more specifics and/or more current info.

If you download the user's manual for the 1DX, or whichever, you can "read all about it" there.