View Poll Results: Who's photo is your favorite?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • M_Six

3 9.38%
  • Colin500

16 50.00%
  • Joel Eade

5 15.63%
  • CLS

8 25.00%

Thread: #48 - What am I? (Congrats Colin)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

#48 - What am I? (Congrats Colin)

On behalf of PatrickH this is assignment 48: What am I?

Sometimes the shots that at first glance leave you wondering exactly what you are looking at can be fun and interesting, something in the abstract that leaves you pondering the image just a bit longer.

For this assignment I am looking for images that have some quality that confuses the viewer. Macros are an obvious choice here, but there are many other creative ways to accomplish this. From something out of place, to playing with light, distortion, motion blur, or processing, let your imagination run.

The following photos have been selected as finalists:

Name: M_Six
    Motivation: Interesting entry. The transition between the rough area and the color is puzzling; although I'm sure the small drops are a clue. The different textures are what held my interest.

Name: Colin500
    Motivation: It seems that we have light and water with this one, but I have absolutely no idea how to replicate it (laser pointer and long exposure perhaps). It’s a great abstract image, especially in black and white.

Name: Joel Eade
    Motivation: Confused indeed! I was glad to see some folks get creative with processing. Lots of small details made this one fun to pore over.

Name: CLS
    Motivation: I love the lighting and composition here, but this one was selected because for me it really nailed the theme. At first glance it seemed easily identifiable, but honestly I’m still not sure what body part this is. Well done.

• The poll will be opened for 3 days
    • Good luck!
    Last edited by Sheiky; 02-25-2013 at 05:05 PM.