Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Show us your bag/purse/etc.

Quote Originally Posted by neuroanatomist View Post
    I'd consider a Lowepro Flipside 400 AW. Holds a gripped body, white zoom, 4-5 black lenses, you'll have a little room to grow. Tripod holder, all-weather cover, opens from the 'front' (against your back) for more security and not setting the side that goes against your back down in the dirt.
    That sounds about perfect, thank you!

I currently have three bags for different use:

LowePro Slingshot 202AW for everyday use - this is the bag I normally bring for a day outdoors etc.

LowePro ProRunner 300AW for storage and travelling - in this one I typically store the gear at home that isn't in the slingshot for the moment. I also use it as carry-on luggage.

For occasions when I don't bother to bring extra lenses I have a small LowePro TLZ25. My 7D with lens size up to 17-55 or 24-105 fits snugly (if I fold the neckstrap cleverly).

In the main compartment of the slingshot I carry my 7D with attached lens (on the picture below it's an EF 70-200/4 L IS). Above and below I keep two extra lenses. In this case it's the EF-S 17-55 above and the EF 85/1.8 below. (This kit happens to be in the bag from some hockey shooting this weekend.) By default I keep the 7D with 24-105 or 17-55 attached to the camera and EF-S 10-22 & 70-200/4 as additional lenses in here. (What's not visible on the photo below is the small memory card slots in the main compartment lid. Of course there's an extra CF in there.)

Name:  bild2.JPG
Views: 539
Size:  119.2 KB

In the separate upper compartment I always store a spare battery, a blower, a cloth and a small flashlight. Then there's also space for either a flash (430EXII) or a Gorillapod (SLR Zoom). In this case the Gorillapod was in there. (Of course I bring my real tripod If I plan to use it. Sometimes though, it's really handy to always have this small emergency tripod in the bag. It weighs very little but is stronger than you would expect. 7D with 17-55 works OK on this small thing.)

Name:  bild1.JPG
Views: 532
Size:  119.8 KB

Finally there's a pocket on the outside of the lid of the main compartment. In there I normally keep a couple of filters (CP and ND).

That's about it. I would say this little flexible bag fits perfectly for my current needs and I'm really happy with it.

Senior Member francongphotography's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Croubie View Post
    That's for when the AF fails on a fast moving target, turns it into a slow-moving target and AF works better.
    That really made me LOL.

Here's my camera bag:

Lowepro Nova 190AW
    5DM2 with 24-105
    17-40 f/4
    70-200 f/4 IS
    100 Macro f/2.8
    320EX Speedlite
    Spare battery
    Remote shutter release
    Last edited by francongphotography; 02-13-2013 at 08:59 AM.
    Canon 5D Mk II, 550D/T2i, 50mm f/1.4 USM, 100mm f/2.8 L USM, 17-40mm f/4 L USM, 24-105mm f/4 L USM, 70-200mm f/4 L IS USM, 320EX speedlite

Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/franco_ng/