Thread: Opinion on our site

Opinion on our site

I've recently made some small changes to our website (in my signature) and am wondering what you think of the changes. I'm trying to make it as simple as possible to navigate and search. I had thought about bringing the wild life categories out of the "Wildlife" folder seen in the gallery but wasn't sure if it would be too crowded. I've seen some sites with many drop down menus and links, etc that it even confuses me, a web-savvy person.

I'm on Zenfolio, so my customization options are limited.
    --

Can you send me a URL of those images? It could be that they are older copies of an image (a lot of images have been re-edited after calibrating my monitor and have not been updated yet).

Thanks for the "I" usage, I'll have to look into that.
    --

I think it's very good; great layout and easy navigation. All the images look quite fine on my calibrated monitor. I would suggest adding a few more descriptions to photos where they are missing... I like to see where something was taken (even if it's a 'generic' scene). Otherwise, I have to say that I like it better than my own site... I need to do some reorganizing and purging to clean mine up! Thanks for sharing.

Looks great, James!

I enjoyed flipping through your images. Especially I enjoyed the "coastal scenes" as I have been to most of those places recently, and it was fun to see them from another photographers eye. Overall the site was easy to navigate.

Thanks for sharing.

Dave.
    5D mark III, 50D, 17-40 f4L, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4L ​IS, 28 f1.8, 50 f1.8, 85 f1.8, 100 f2.8 Macro

Jonathan, I plan on updating the titles very soon, thanks for that suggestion.

jrw, I'll look how your suggestion will look like in the gallery for wildlife. I sort of like having it specific the way it is, but others may not WANT to go through so many folders.
    --

I liked it James, flowed well, enjoyed "about you" section, liked the friendly conversational tone. Really liked the slide show feature, ran smooth on my system, looked very good.
    Good luck with it.
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur