Thread: Thoughts, tips and suggestions for these photos?

Thoughts, tips and suggestions for these photos?

I've been taking photos of my wife during her pregnancy. We've been doing the typical weekly profile photos, but as it gets closer to the end I've been trying to come up with more creative photos and have more in mind. Here's the gallery and there's a few things to keep in mind:
    • The last two photos were before I had an external flash
      • The photo the with chalkboard @ 28 weeks was with the 480EXII but I was still learning how to best use it

• The snowy photos look best at it's largest view - getting a clear and focused shot of her face was difficult with all of the snow, but I think they came out pretty good - Shot with a ~ f/5.6 with these photos to capture the snow flakes
    • The nursery photos were lit with natural lighting behind me and with the flash bouncing off of the wall, I shot at f/2.8 to blur most of the background
    • The photo with her hand on her belly was mostly just a quick shoot, I liked the moment - shot at f/2.8, lighting from the laptop and flash bounced off of the ceiling
    • The photo in the doctors room was difficult due to the size of the room and the lighting, I did use the flash but didn't have the time I wanted to set it up as I didn't want to hold up other patients

Any tips, suggestions or comments are welcome.
    --

1st - congratulations on the coming joy - talk about have a creation of which to photograph. I don't think there is a 2nd.
    If you see me with a wrench, call 911

We want a variety of shots (as you can tell in the gallery). Once I get some constant light softboxes I will be attempting to get the all black setting with just the light on the belly photos. In the next month I should have several more creative and different types of photos.
    --