Thread: How far would you go for a picture?

How far would you go for a picture?

Arnt

I wasn't hanging off a cliff, but I did walk through knee-deep seawater with 1-2' waves crashing, 7D and Sigma 8-16 around my neck (and held up above my head) to get some cool shots at Phillip Island a few weeks ago.
    Camera was fine, it was only when I got back to the car I realised that my phone and car keys were in my (now saturated) shorts pockets.
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.
    Gear Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Croubie View Post
    ...it was only when I got back to the car I realised that my phone and car keys were in my (now saturated) shorts pockets.
    Aww! I feel for you - but I did have a little chuckle at the forgetfulness. It sounds like something I would do. ;-)

Funny you would post this today. I almost took a dip in the frigid ocean today while capturing this shot. I was right on the edge of the rock and it was really slick due to low tide. The wave splashing up in the picture almost caused my demise.

Haha water made me buy a so called "construction-worker"s cellphone
    But the most dangerous times I had were definitely with motocross and wide-angle lenses Talking about it...next weekend I will be taking shots at a local eastern cross-event...should be fun

Quote Originally Posted by jrw View Post
    Did the dangerous motocross shots involve hanging out right under a ramp so you could capture the bikes and riders isolated against the sky? Does make for cool shots though.
    I might have been standing inches from the tape which marked the track, some riders seem to have problems jumping straight But yea I got some great shots