Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Canon 60D - Predictions?

Canon 60D - Predictions?

Hey Guys

Just want to see what you would all expect from the successor of the 40D and 50D. Although we'd all like to see a 40MP 60D with ISO 51200 with a 17-400 2.8 IS kit lens for $1,200, it just ain't gonna happen.

So, explain what you'd like to see in the new camera - cosmetic or technical changes.

What I would like to see:

• ISO 100-6400 (L50, H1-12800, H2-25600)
    • More MP than the 50D
    • HD Video
    • 6-6.5 fps
    • Deeper buffer, to yield a frame rate this fast at such a high resolution,
    • Digic V Processor

Body/Cosmetic changes, IMHO, would be small if any.

Re: Canon 60D - Predictions?

I'd like to see a nicer viewfinder and a miniature vertical grip available... Something that doesn't turn the camera into a tank but allows for shotting portraits.

17-400 2.8 IS non-L?? that's too bad, I won't buy this lens [:P]

Now seriously... why would you want more than 15mp? I think that 50D's 15mp is a bit too much for such a sensor (22.3 x 14.9mm) already.

Sorry, I meant to say

EF 17-400 f/2.8 L IS

Now you're talking...[Y]

I agree - the 10MP of my 40D does me fine - but I feel that the market might call for it. If Nikon and Sony hold off on the MP race, then the 60D will maintain 15MP.

I don't expect 60D to have a MP drop - it will surely have at least 15mp since that's what the 50D has, but Canon, please - we don't won't more pixels (unless the sensor itself gets bigger :P).

The MP race is bs - if a XXD (or better bodies) owner think they need more and more MP then they'd better off doing something else - rather than being a photographer []

MP race is bs and we've talked about it (and agreed that it's bs) before - I won't bother to talk about it anymore - in this thread at least.

Yeah I've seen the endless discussion in the "$1800 Full-Frame DSLR" thread already.

All we can do is wait and see...

Come to think about it, the 60D will most likely stay at 15MP, and then from there Canon should consider sensor size cangements - and lens changes.

A change in the sensor size - say to 1.3x FOVCF - would require Canon to phase out it's current EF-S lenses, which toss an image circle the size of the 1.6x crop sensor.

Canon can release new EF-S lenses along with the 60D, to ease this process of sensor switch, if it were to happen.

Alan

Quote Originally Posted by alexniedra

EF 17-400 f/2.8 L IS
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

It's gonna cost a bundle and weigh a ton!

I say keepthe specs the sameas on the 50D, maybe improve the sensor for less noise, and increase the buffer size...

AND ADD ECF (Eye-Controlled Focus) like Canon did on their film cameras many many years ago. For the life of me I don't know why they haven't brought this technology over to their Digital SLR cameras.