Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Reflections & Punctuation

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Cool Reflections & Punctuation

Thought I'd steal Sean's idea and have my own thread on here for my pics.. like his, go to the last page to see the latest shoot. I am posting this in the "Image Critique" section because that's what I crave the most. Scroll to my latest post: "Reflections & Punctuation" Post #68 on page 7.

Kenna Turns Six
    Recently I went to the Antelope Island State park to take pictures of Kena for her sixth birthday.This was my first time taking my new Einsteins outdoors for a shoot and was struggling a bit shooting against the sunset.

Last edited by Rocco; 02-17-2016 at 06:06 AM.
    Adobe, give us courage to edit what photos must be altered, serenity to delete what cannot be helped, and the insight to know the one from the other.
    Canon EOS 7D - Canon EF-s 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM - Canon 100mm f/2.8L IS Macro - PCB Einsteins & PW Triggers

Re: What I've been up to

Love the idea once again.
    Words get in the way of what I meant to say.

Very cool shoot Rocco! You're scaring me though... I don't see anything weighing down your light stands!!!? Also, I would have asked the father to remove his hat before stepping into the shot, or at least turn it around.

Re: What I've been up to

Quote Originally Posted by rlriii13 View Post
    Very cool shoot Rocco! You're scaring me though... I don't see anything weighing down your light stands!!!? Also, I would have asked the father to remove his hat before stepping into the shot, or at least turn it around.
    Hey thanks! There was no way that cheese head was moving the hat. I did have to remove a bar logo from his shirt though.

And I left the sand bags in the car on purpose! You'll notice that we were on the sand. The stand legs are buried in the sand. One less thing to haul from the car.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2
    Adobe, give us courage to edit what photos must be altered, serenity to delete what cannot be helped, and the insight to know the one from the other.
    Canon EOS 7D - Canon EF-s 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM - Canon 100mm f/2.8L IS Macro - PCB Einsteins & PW Triggers

The second and third pictures are my favorites - and I think they work best as a tandem showing the progression of the painting. The lighting in the third is particularly well-balanced and, in my mind, just about perfect. Very well done.

Love the photos ...and the hat!

Great idea and perfect execution --- this one could go in the 'challenge yourself' assignment! I'm wondering if the pose would have been more effective if you angled the easel slightly, so you could see just a bit of the girl's face while she is painting. In other words, something halfway between the first and second pictures.

[QUOTE=Jonathan Huyer;82310 I'm wondering if the pose would have been more effective if you angled the easel slightly, so you could see just a bit of the girl's face while she is painting. In other words, something halfway between the first and second pictures.[/QUOTE]

I agree with Jonathan. In fact, the angle that you show in the last set up shot would be about right.
    5DS R, 1D X, 7D, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6, 24mm f/1.4L II, 16-35mm f/4L IS, 24-105mm f/4L, 50mm f/1.8, 100mm Macro f/2.8L, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L, 580EX-II
    flickr

What I've been up to

I have several at that angle. Just none that were shared here. To me they weren't as compelling. And shooting facing south, like in that last shot, the sky was super ugly in comparison. I have quite a few that are very nice, with the canvas angled so I can see the painting and her face, but again, to me, not as compelling. The mother loved them though, of course.
    Last edited by Rocco; 04-09-2013 at 04:01 PM.

Stephanie Runs the 100 Mile Buffalo Run

On March 22nd through March 23rd Stephanie Gardner ran the 100 mile Antelope Island State Park Buffalo Run in just 29 hours and 10 min, only resting a few hours total and finishing first place in her age/gender group. She's a complete badass and I felt like she needed pictures to match the feat.

As always, I'm hungry for feedback. Thanks for looking guys!

-Rocco
    Last edited by Rocco; 04-12-2013 at 10:02 PM.