Thread: Reflections & Punctuation

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quinceanera Group

I was approached about doing invitation pics for a young woman's quinceanera. Having never done anything to do with one I enthusiastically started planning the shoot.

The plan was to get some shots of her, dressed up but not in her party dress. More like a senior picture session... no problem. She wanted me to make her look pretty... check. Then she mentioned how much she loved the prom pictures I did and asked if I can do something similar with her party group. (similar to wedding party pics, I guess.) She mentioned that she had a few of her closest friends picked out.

I got to the island that we were shooting at, set up... and was terrified when 15 people came walking down the path. But I was committed and willing to try, but skeptical of my abilities.

This is the best result, and I don't think I'm getting it any better. What do you think? I've been looking at it for so long that I don't know if I could find any faults even if she had an extra hand growing out of her head. She's the one closest to camera.

Used a beauty dish, camera left, and a softbox camera right for fill.

Thanks for looking!

-Rocco
    Last edited by Rocco; 07-11-2014 at 06:08 AM.
    Adobe, give us courage to edit what photos must be altered, serenity to delete what cannot be helped, and the insight to know the one from the other.
    Canon EOS 7D - Canon EF-s 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM - Canon 100mm f/2.8L IS Macro - PCB Einsteins & PW Triggers