Thread: Reflections & Punctuation

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Blowing up the Cliche

When I sat down for a client meeting to discuss an upcoming wedding a few weeks ago, I was anything but excited about the shot list they provided. It was full of every photographic cliche imaginable. The only thing that was missing was railroad tracks and a jumping picture..

The groom HAD to have a picture with him and the groomsmen ripping open their shirts, displaying their superhero shirts of choice underneath. He even provided a picture his fiance found on pinterest to illustrate what he wanted.

Picture:

I am jack's complete lack of enthusiasm.

BUT I am a professional... and a shot list is easy enough to fill. If I'm going to spend the time to do something though, I'm going to do it my way and avoid recreating a pinterest find at all costs.

Overall I'm pleased with my results. Actually had fun doing it, too. They couldn't be happier.

Here's my take on the photo above:

I took a screenshot from Gears of War (xbox 360 game) and put them in it. Setup was simple enough. Two einsteins (modifiers and position different for each photo). Took multiple photos of each person and took the best shots for the composite. Shot with my 7D and the 17-55mm f/2.8 IS.

Thanks for looking!

-Rocco
    Last edited by Rocco; 07-01-2014 at 03:35 AM.
    Adobe, give us courage to edit what photos must be altered, serenity to delete what cannot be helped, and the insight to know the one from the other.
    Canon EOS 7D - Canon EF-s 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM - Canon 100mm f/2.8L IS Macro - PCB Einsteins & PW Triggers