Thread: Can the Canon EF 85mm f/1.2 L II Lens be used for Sports Action Photography?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve U View Post
    That would be one of my favourite shots as well, especially if they were Victoria Secrets models......it would probably be OK if I didn't have my camera with me too....
    I bought the wife a T4i with a kit lens for her trip to Florida. She texted yesterday and said she was at the beach and there were girls sunbathing naked.
    I guess I should have sent her with one of the telephoto lenses as well. All I got were crummy cell phone pics from several hundred yards away.

Quote Originally Posted by HDNitehawk View Post
    I guess I should have sent her with one of the telephoto lenses as well. All I got were crummy cell phone pics from several hundred yards away.
    If you had the 85/1.2, you'd still be in trouble. At the distance you'd need to be, you'd be close enough to get slapped. And, who cares about bokeh with the subject matter, eh?

I bought the wife a T4i with a kit lens for her trip to Florida. She texted yesterday and said she was at the beach and there were girls sunbathing naked.
    What part of FL?

Quote Originally Posted by Keith B View Post
    What part of FL?
    Jacksonville,

girls weren't actually naked, they had skin colored bathing suits.

Jacksonville,

girls weren't actually naked, they had skin colored bathing suits.
    Ah. I'm 40 miles from Playalinda but would never go sniping. It's actually a beautiful beach to shoot on. The first 12 beaches aren't nude and can be pretty unpopulated and great for shoots.