Thread: New Gym shoot next week...

New Gym shoot next week...

I've got to do a shoot next week for a new gym. Covering portrait shots and equipment shots and shots of the whole business.

Any advice on lighting, backdrops or angles and interesting composition would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    Steve
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Steve U View Post
    That would be one of my favourite shots as well, especially if they were Victoria Secrets models
    It appears you have your answer in your response to a different thread. Throw a few of these in and it will be a a successful shoot.

Re: New Gym shoot next week...

If your shooting the building exterior, you might purchase an app that let's you see exactly where the sun will be at a specific time and go from there. You might also purchase model release forms for the folks inside too. Couldn't hurt. Good luck.
    Words get in the way of what I meant to say.

Quote Originally Posted by andnowimbroke View Post
    If your shooting the building exterior, you might purchase an app that let's you see exactly where the sun will be at a specific time and go from there.[...].
    TPE is great for that. The desktop version is free, the phone app costs little.
    http://photoephemeris.com
    Arnt

I recently shot at a private gym. The large number of mirrored walls made the lighting very difficult to control. The black floor mats and matte black ceiling absorbed everything else. Could be fun!

All I can say is, the softer the lighting the better, mirrors will reflect everything (unless it's one of those stupid gyms that don't have mirrors).
    That, and make sure there's a lot of oil and/or sweat on all those hot bodies when you shoot them.
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.
    Gear Photos

Quote Originally Posted by UmiKaibutsu View Post
    I recently shot at a private gym. The large number of mirrored walls made the lighting very difficult to control. The black floor mats and matte black ceiling absorbed everything else. Could be fun!
    Sounds like it could be a bit challenging as well, thanks for the advice.
    Steve U

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Croubie View Post
    That, and make sure there's a lot of oil and/or sweat on all those hot bodies when you shoot them.
    Some hands on advice, I like it.
    Steve U

Quote Originally Posted by ahab1372 View Post
    TPE is great for that. The desktop version is free, the phone app costs little.
    http://photoephemeris.com
    Google Earth and knowing which direction is West is the best free way to go about... works well for me.
    --